Comments: Second part of the three parts article (Juan Miguel Artigas Azas, 06-Mar-2017).
Classification: Distribution and conservation, Central and North America.
Reference in bibliography for species (7)
- Cincelichthys pearsei referred to as Herichthys pearsei [p. 11].
- Cribroheros robertsoni referred to as Amphilophus robertsoni [p. 14].
- Kihnichthys ufermanni referred to as Chuco species [p. 14].
- Oscura heterospila referred to as "Cichlasoma" heterospilum [p. 13].
- Vieja bifasciata referred to as Paratheraps bifasciatus [p. 9].
- Vieja melanurus referred to as Paratheraps synspilus [p. 6].