Comments: Extended descriptions were published the same year in a paper with the same title in the Transactions of the Zoological Society of London. vol. 15 (n. 1): pp1-38 (Juan Miguel Artigas Azas, 22-Sep-2015).
Classification: Taxonomy and phylogeny, Lake Tanganyika.
Reference in bibliography for species (24)
- Altolamprologus compressiceps referred to as Lamprologus compressiceps [p. 494].
- Altolamprologus fasciatus referred to as Lamprologus fasciatus [p. 494].
- Callochromis macrops referred to as Paratilapia macrops [p. 495].
- Cyathopharynx furcifer referred to as Paratilapia furcifer [p. 495].
- Cyprichromis leptosoma referred to as Paratilapia leptosoma [p. 495].
- Enantiopus melanogenys referred to as Ectodus melanogenys [p. 497].
- exGnathochromis pfefferi referred to as Paratilapia pfefferi [p. 495].
- Lepidiolamprologus elongatus referred to as Lamprologus elongatus [p. 494].
- Lobochilotes labiatus referred to as Tilapia labiata [p. 496].
- Neolamprologus furcifer referred to as Lamprologus furcifer [p. 494].
- Neolamprologus modestus referred to as Lamprologus modestus [p. 494].
- Ophthalmotilapia ventralis referred to as Paratilapia ventralis [p. 495].
- Perissodus paradoxus referred to as Plecodus paradoxus [p. 497].
- Variabilichromis moorii referred to as Lamprologus moorii [p. 494].