Classification: Taxonomy and phylogeny, Central and North America.
Reference in bibliography for species (11)
- Amatitlania nigrofasciata referred to as Heros nigrofasciatus [p. 601].
- Amphilophus labiatus referred to as Heros erythraeus [p. 602], Heros lobochilus [p. 602].
- Amphilophus trimaculatus referred to as Heros trimaculatus [p. 602].
- Chuco microphthalmus referred to as Heros oblongus [p. 602].
- Cribroheros longimanus referred to as Heros longimanus [p. 601].
- Herotilapia multispinosa referred to as Heros multispinosus [p. 601].
- Parachromis managuensis referred to as Heros managuensis [p. 603].
- Parachromis motaguensis referred to as Heros motaguensis [p. 602].
Günther, Albert C. L. G. 1867. "On the fishes of the states of Central America, founded upon specimens collected in fresh and marine waters of various parts of that country by Messrs. Salvin and Godman and Capt. J. M. Dow". Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. 1866, pp. 600-604 (crc00014)