Getting back into african cichlids

For all general discussion. Ask your fish keeping or other questions here.

Moderators: Jombi21, TheFishGuy, Don Danko, tankmates, LewC, Hilary, IThinkFast

skinner766

Getting back into african cichlids

Post by skinner766 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Ive been out of the hobby for about 6 years or so now, and I am wanting to get a couple 75 gal tanks cleaned up and set up again. I will be looking to do one as a mbuna tank and the other as a hap/peacock tank. I live in Harrison county and will be looking for some local breeders that may have some juvies for sale. should have my tanks running good in a few weeks. goin to steal some lava rock out of my dads pond filter to help get my tanks cycled. If anyone has any demasoni fry it is one of the mbuna i am looking to get. thanks in advance, Travis.

Don Danko
OCA member

Re: Getting back into african cichlids

Post by Don Danko » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:33 am

Hi Travis. Eric Sorenson has a nice breeding group of demasoni and I'm sure he has fry. I'll let him know you're looking for some. He's in Cleveland. If you're coming up to the Extravaganza, you guys may be able to hook up on them.
Don
Like the Ohio Cichlid Association on Facebook!

LewC

Post by LewC » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:36 am

Travis, I've got Protomelas "Steveni Taiwan", aka "Taiwan Reefs", if you're interested...both juvies and breeders.

Talk to a few people and arrange to come up to our Oct 7 meeting to stock those tanks!

skinner766

Post by skinner766 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:15 pm

Don Danko wrote:Hi Travis. Eric Sorenson has a nice breeding group of demasoni and I'm sure he has fry. I'll let him know you're looking for some. He's in Cleveland. If you're coming up to the Extravaganza, you guys may be able to hook up on them.
Don
I am planning on going, by then i should have my tanks up and running. Still working on a few things atm. Need to get a couple filters either rebuilt or replaced. also goin to try my hand at a DIY background for one of the 75gals.

skinner766

Post by skinner766 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:20 pm

LewC wrote:Travis, I've got Protomelas "Steveni Taiwan", aka "Taiwan Reefs", if you're interested...both juvies and breeders.

Talk to a few people and arrange to come up to our Oct 7 meeting to stock those tanks!
Kinda taking it slow atm, have some things i need to get yet and need to get tanks cycled before i can get any fish. have to either rebuild my fluvals or replace them and atm I do not have enough cash for new ones. I will have them up and running in time for the extravaganza for sure. I may try to make the meeting just to visit and talk fish though.

Kyle May

Post by Kyle May » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:22 pm

Travis: Check out the buy and sell section below. There's an area where you can post a "looking to buy" ad and find someone with a deal on the 75's you want. Good Luck!

Kyle
Kyle May
Ohio Cichlid Association
Northern Ohio, USA

Return to “General Discussion”