Please help me ID!

Discussion about cichlids from Lake Malawi

Moderator: Troy

tara.walker.940

Please help me ID!

Post by tara.walker.940 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:55 pm

I purchased 7 fish online. i order one Compressicep. Once I turned my lights on after 24 hours I noticed that my supposed eye eater doesn't look like a eye eater at all but something like my other peacocks. This fish is all white but no red eyes so no albino. When I called the place and told them my concern the guy started changing his answers and sort of not making sense. He continued to try to tell me that my Orange dwarf cichlid that I ordered was the eye biter and I had the two confused.. The issue is that I know my Orange flash is my Orange flash and NOT a eye biter. Can you please take a look at both of these fish and let me know what you think. Thank you in advance. I'm generally pretty good at IDing fish so that is why I am sure I was sent the wrong fish.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg (38.03 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (47.16 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (21.34 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
Eye eater or dwarf Orange flash?
Eye eater or dwarf Orange flash?
image.jpg (42.28 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
The fish in question
The fish in question
image.jpg (48.96 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
The Orange flash I am trying to be concince is a 'eye eater' hard to see but she is really Orange and has long extended fins
The Orange flash I am trying to be concince is a 'eye eater' hard to see but she is really Orange and has long extended fins
image.jpg (34.02 KiB) Viewed 1819 times

SergeS

Re: Please help me ID!

Post by SergeS » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:43 am

Well... whatever they are, they are certainly not D. compressiceps (Eyebiter). Pic 3 and 4 look like Aulonocara maylandi to me.

The other one (with two stripes) looks like a Chilotilapia rhoadesii to me. Hope you got some room in your tank :lol:

LI Fishin Gal

Re: Please help me ID!

Post by LI Fishin Gal » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:11 pm

Well if u google eyebiter cichlid u will see many pix of them. such as these.Image

Return to “Lake Malawi Cichlids”