Fish room

by dtoth
dtoth

Fish room

Post by dtoth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Not the biggest of fish rooms but it works for me right now being in college this small amount of tanks lets me keep up with school work and have time to spend with my daughter and wife. The room currently consists of 3 20L, 2 10g growout tanks, 1 20H tank, triplex tank each consists of about 8g these work great for fry growouts and cory breeding. I also have a display tank in here as well a 47.7g South/Central American tank.

Current stock :

Pundamilia nyererei (Mwanza Gulf) - in a 20L currently and will be moving to the 100g in the near future.

Cynotilapia afra (Cobue) - young group growing out atm in a 20L

Herotilapia multispinosa - Pair, these guys just spawned this past week! in the 20H

Cryptoheros nanoluteus - group is just hitting spawning size so waiting for a pair to form in a 20L

Australian Lobsters - very young ones growing out in one of the triplex tanks

Albino Aneus Cory's eggs about a day or so away from hatcing in another of the triplex tanks

Aulonocara (Rubescens) - have 4 juvies growing out for sure one male that is starting to show nice colors already in a 10g

Juvi Yellow labs about a month old growing out in the other 10g

47.7g community tank:
2 discus - one Pigeon Blood and one Snakeskin, 2 Erpetoichthys calabaricus aka Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, Auchenipterichthys coracoideus aka Zamora woodcat, 1 thicklip gourami, 1 black ghostknife and 1 Mastacembelus armatus aka tire track eel. Planning on either adding two more discus or 4 juvie angels to finish it out. Yes to all you Discus breeders/keepers I know you think I'm nuts with this combo but the two discus I have were given to me when they were just about the size of a 50cent piece and now are triple that size and have been doing great, I got some pics of them I will be posting.
Fishy Dave

Jshakour

Re: Fish room

Post by Jshakour » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Post some pics of your fish room Dave!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-James

dtoth

Post by dtoth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Lol I know planning on that tommorow, sucks been busy and then had the flu since saturday night.
Fishy Dave

dtoth

Post by dtoth » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:55 am

Some pics, more will be following. Sorry for any pics looking crappy camera is not the best and being forced by the wife to wait till my bday in May so apparently I'm getting a new one lol.

the 47.7g new display, its no where near complete as it needs to get planted the plants in there are just some leftovers froman old tank.

Some pics of the 47.7g tankmates

Pair of young Rainbows sitting over their nest of new eggs

Little bit hard to see however you can see thew newly hatched wigglers/swimmers that the parents moved to them too.

Albino Aneus cory eggs developing, can see the embryo in them though its a little blury

Will have more pics hopefully up later today, I need to get them uploaded and edited. Other than the Rainbow's with their new batch of fry there aren't any new hatches in the fish room. Starting to see the Yellow Dwarfs starting to pair off finally so hopefully will have them soon. Will get some pics of them and the other tanks up later today.

As always thanks for looking.
Fishy Dave

Jshakour

Post by Jshakour » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:53 am

Nice discus!

i always wanted to try them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-James

dtoth

Post by dtoth » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Been really busy lately so haven't had a chance to update pics or anything. I got a lot of pics i'm editing atm to post. Got two 10s set up one with a holding yellow lab and another with a holding intermedius. Plus my pair of multispinosa spawned again without me knowing and now have over 100 wigglers! Also added a new rescue discus to the planted tank plus my yellow dwarfs are starting to finally pair off. So lots of action in the fishroom will post some pictures hopefully later or tomorrow.
Fishy Dave

dtoth

Post by dtoth » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Well never got around to posting the pictures yet but for an update for the past week. I stripped the intermedius and got roughly 55+ fry are coming along nicely, I got a pair that formed from my orange head tapajos and they spawned and currently are mouthbrooding fry, my albino corys spawned and hatched your about 100 fry, my rainbows laid eggs again which btw ate for sale if your in the oca and want easy bap and last but not least I have a holding p. Nyerrei holding. So obviously spring hit my tanks lol going to be stripping my yellow lab tomorrow so I will have those too. Going to try and get pictures up this weekend.
Fishy Dave

dtoth

Post by dtoth » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:29 am

Video of my pair of red head tapajos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG4i120 ... ata_player

Video if my rainbow cichlid pair guarding their wigglers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdnkNj_ ... ata_player
Fishy Dave

dtoth

Post by dtoth » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:42 am

Well its been awhile, a long while since I've posted anything and a lot has changed. The number of tanks I currently have up has dropped for the time being at least until the extravaganza. Below is a list of the tanks up and I will try and get pictures and such and posted during this week.

The 100g is no longer an African tank and has been converted to a Central/South American tank.

The 55g is now a saltwater tank which is currently finishing its cycling and will be having a radiata lionfish and one other smaller lionfish species, a snowflake eel, wolf eel to start.

The 20l reef tank has been upgraded to a 29g reef tank.

In the fish room itself I know have the following:

20l with a target puffer
20l with 4 sterbai corys and a breeding pair of Orange chromides (raised from babies and lived their lives in fresh water)
20l with 4 Telmatochromis vittatus believed to be 2 males and 2 females, no luck in the breeding department of these yet regardless of what I've tried :/
The triplex tank set up as one department with cherry shrimp, one with a breeding pair of bristlenose plecos and one that is currently holding orange chromide fry
20H with Moscow blue guppies and bristlenose growing out
10g with bristlenose fry
10g with juvenile bristlenose grow out
10g with columbian ramhorn snails
75g custom tank with 3 red belly piranha adults

The rest of the tanks are currently not set up at least until the extravaganza when I plan to revamp the fish room with new species and get back into breeding again more regularly. Will get some updates later this week with pictures and such.
Fishy Dave

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:11 am

Some pics of the new set ups might be nice. :)

dtoth

Post by dtoth » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Here's a picture of my orange chromides with their young. These guys were raised from fry in fw. Sorry for the cruddy quality will get more pictures soon off the fishroom.

Fishy Dave

Return to “FishyDaves Cave”