OCA MEMBERS ONLY SALE!

For all Ohio Cichlid Association Supporters

Moderators: Jombi21, TheFishGuy, Don Danko, tankmates, LewC, Hilary, IThinkFast

aquatica

OCA MEMBERS ONLY SALE!

Post by aquatica » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:26 pm

We are considering a Super Special Sale day for OCA paid members only to help support the club and drive people to actually join the club. We are considering doing a special day sale or maybe one day per month or weekly etc.
What are your thoughts and how could we verify that one is actually a paid member? Thanks
Aquatica
6653 Grafton Rd.
Valley City, OH 44280
330-866-0559
M,T,W Closed to retail. Wholesale only
Th,F 12-8PM SAT, SUN 12-5PM

dtoth

Re: OCA MEMBERS ONLY SALE!

Post by dtoth » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:56 am

That would be awesome I love your store. However i'm not sure how to show if were paid, I've of the higher ups will have to comnent on that one.
Fishy Dave

Lotsapetsgarfhts

Post by Lotsapetsgarfhts » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi Steve,
I just found out about your store, I will be out to visit soon.
John Chapek
John Chapek

Jshakour

Post by Jshakour » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Great idea!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-James

ken galaska

Post by ken galaska » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:01 am

Well I would think that the Friday night of the meeting would work well. I have to drive 40 miles one way so an additional 10 miles would be fine and that would give me an excuse to visit the store on a monthly basis.
The up to date membership could be sent by e-mail from the OCA on a monthly basis of the members in good standing. You could issue cards with dates that you are paid-in-full but that would be more work for someone.
Ken Galaska

Kyle May

Post by Kyle May » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:19 pm

The up to date membership could be sent by e-mail from the OCA on a monthly basis of the members in good standing.
Unfortunately the OCA membership list is a private document and not available for purposes outside the club.
Membership cards are also not an option due to the expenses involved.

The best way to handle this is to advertise your "members only" sale only within the club channels so only members get the message. Then have the sale only during specified hours (maybe outside regular business hours so regular customers are less likely to be there), and then assume anyone who walks in is a member of the OCA.

RMS used to have club days which consisted of opeining the store two hours early on a Saturday and I think they took whomever walked in to be an OCA member.

You could always print a flyer and bring it to a club meeting and specify that you have to have the flyer to get the discount.

I'd be concerned about having it on a Friday due to members arriving late to the meeting as a result and disrupting the speaker.
Sorry Ken...I know it would be more convenient for you to go on Fri....I understand the long drive cause I drive to Akron for work!!

Kyle
Kyle May
Ohio Cichlid Association
Northern Ohio, USA

zenins

Post by zenins » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Aquatica is an awesome store !

I visited it twice during the OCA Extravaganza weekend last November.

I hope to visit again later this year :)

Return to “OCA Vendors and Supporters”