Members Near Wheeling?

For all general discussion. Ask your fish keeping or other questions here.

Moderators: Jombi21, TheFishGuy, Don Danko, tankmates, LewC, Hilary, IThinkFast

kirkdickinson

Members Near Wheeling?

Post by kirkdickinson » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:54 pm

I live 1/2 way between Wheeling and Cambridge, OH. Any members down my direction?

I used to have a house full of tanks, but have been fishless for the last 19 years. Starting to miss it and have been thinking of getting a small tank and some Tanganyikan shell dwellers. L. stappersii, L. ocellatus gold, L. brevis, or maybe even A. Compressiceps.

Also, is this an active group? How can I become a member? From the low volume of posts here, I am not sure that this group is very active??

Don Danko
OCA member

Re: Members Near Wheeling?

Post by Don Danko » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:53 am

Sorry for not seeing this earlier, but, you're right in that our Forum is pretty quiet, except around our annual show, the OCA Extravaganza. We do have a member in Parkersburg that I'll have to reach out to see if I can put you in contact. He comes up every year to our big show in November.

You can join the OCA at our website, ohiocichlid.com, and you can see what we are all about there. We put out a monthly bulletin and have monthly meetings with great speakers, bowl show, Cichlid and Catfish breeder award programs, auction, raffle, food, etc. We meet up near Cleveland though, but there are a number of hotels in the area and fish rooms to see, if you wanted to stay over a day.

Our showcase event is the OCA Extravaganza that is held every November on the weekend before Thanksgiving. We feature 4-5 internationally known speaker, a swap meet, room sales, vendors, manufacturers, a huge pizza party on Saturday night, Cichlid and Catfish shows, hospitality suite and a huge Sunday auction. We have over 250 registered attendees and tons of walk through traffic all weekend. And, it's very affordably priced. Check out the website for details. Registration will open by April 1.

We have a Facebook page, www.facebook.com/OhioCichlidAssociation/, and a FB group for the Extravaganza, misspelled at the moment: Ohio Cichlid Association Extravagaza 2019 (we'll fix the spelling next month when FB lets us). Lots of activity there.
Like the Ohio Cichlid Association on Facebook!

kirkdickinson

Re: Members Near Wheeling?

Post by kirkdickinson » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:49 am

Thanks Don. I used to be really involved with cichlids. Was a member of the Southern Colorado Aquarium Society. Mostly cichlid people, but lots of cool fish. I think that group is gone now.

Return to “General Discussion”