Heat Surge HT

For all general discussion. Ask your fish keeping or other questions here.

Moderators: Jombi21, TheFishGuy, Don Danko, tankmates, LewC, Hilary, IThinkFast

Jshakour

Heat Surge HT

Post by Jshakour » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Does anybody have one if these? If so, what has been your experience?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-James

cupfishhead

Re: Heat Surge HT

Post by cupfishhead » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:29 am

I like the idea of this too. I would like to know also. Very interested in getting one for my fishroom when completed this summer. Thanks
Native Fishes Rule!!! Go sample some streams near you!!!
Of course Cichlids Rule Too!!!

Don Danko
OCA member

Post by Don Danko » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:21 am

James,

I have now switched over to an oil filled radiator heater from the Edenpure I had been running. The EP was working well until the day after I gave my fishroom talk and I raved about it! Two of the three elements went out and I limped by running it 3 or 4 settings higher for two weeks until I could get it repaired under warranty.

I tested a $39 Walmart oil radiator after talking to some reptile folks that had experience with heaters. It worked spendidly in my room which is well insulated. I hear they're not the best choice if the room isn't insulated well. I then got a much better made unit cheap on ebay made by DeLonghi and I'm really happy with it. It was $45 delivered as compared to $260-$375 for an Edenpure.

I think Phil Hypes told me he was using an oil filled radiator as well and has been for a few years.

The other HT heater sounds interesting and may be a good choice for a more open room, not sure.

Regards,
Don
Like the Ohio Cichlid Association on Facebook!

Jshakour

Post by Jshakour » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:09 am

Im sorry to hear that Don. Is there some type of warranty for the Edenpure? I have had one for alittle over two years with no problem, then again I am not running it to heat my fish room, but I have had no problem with mine. (knock on wood)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-James

Don Danko
OCA member

Post by Don Danko » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:37 am

Yes, it had a 4 year warranty so the repair cost was covered. I have since sold it on Ebay and moved 'er out!
Like the Ohio Cichlid Association on Facebook!

Return to “General Discussion”