Welcome to my blog!

By Francine Bethea
MsCichlid

Welcome to my blog!

Post by MsCichlid » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:07 pm

First, I'd like to say that I plan to support this website by any means necessary.

Secondly, my intention is to post information relating to my personal experiences in the husbandry of my favorite species Crenicichla! My fanaticism has been based solely on the dwarf species of the species, but I have found myself, here of late, getting swept up in the frenzy of the tank busting, malicious, con specific annihilating, extra expensive, beauties of the larger size.

Also, I will share the experiences of building my fish rooms - the past and the present.

The Story Begins...

During the tender years, I bought a Black Moor goldfish that somehow developed into my father building a tank to house Oscars, Arrowanas, Silver Dollars, Hypancistrus and other oddities that I did not care for. About 11 yrs ago, I got back into the hobby and I started with setting up a 30 gal tank to specifically house a pair of Apistogramma Nijsenni. However, I became overly ecstatic about all the other species of South America fish as well. I bought killifish, plecos, tetras, corydoras, and plants. Needless to say, it was quite a daunting learning experience that put a lot a pressure on my sanity and back pocket.

With the assistance of experienced hobbyists, going through the process of acquiring and reading books, asking a myriad of questions, joining a club or two, and just plain 'ole f'ing up, I feel that I have finally come of age and find myself willing to share my experiences.

Please bear with me as I sort this process.

FB
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maddog10

Re: Welcome to my blog!

Post by maddog10 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:30 pm

My patience is at an end, any updates? :lol:

finman57
Location: Forest Hill, Maryland. About 25 miles NE of Baltimore

Re: Welcome to my blog!

Post by finman57 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:38 am

I agree Mike.
Patrick Kelly
The Capital Cichlid Association, inc
A Growing Force in the Cichlid Hobby