future of this blog?

by Paul Veenvliet
illustrator

future of this blog?

Post by illustrator » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:42 am

OK, it's a fact. I don't have cichlids anymore - again. The desicion was tough. Elsewere on this blog you can read how I came to this desicion.

The aquarium is not empty: there are still a few aging zebrafish (Danio rerio) and a Chinese algae eater (Gyrinocheilus aymonieri). And algae, and a few snails. And there are already new fish.

I am increasingly interested in keeping species that are endangered in the wild. I realise that they probably can't ever go back to nature, but they are good for education and at least it is possible to keep some aquarium strains alive (see this topic for a further discussion: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5454 ). So I obtained the most endangered fish that I could get in the LFS's: Ameca splendens. Also these individual fish were highly endangered: their condition was very poor because they did not know/accept any flaked fishfood. Most of the small group seem to recover slowly.

But these are not cichlids. They are livebearers, or more precisely members of the family Goodeidae. So now I am not sure. Should I continue to write about my fish in this blog? Please moderators and other members tell what you think.

This also means that I don't have much to add about cichlids in other parts of this blog, or at least it will be rather irregular.

Return to “Back to convicts”