Version 3.0

By Alex Calder
Alex Calder

Version 3.0

Post by Alex Calder » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:17 am

I figured I would let those of you who are interested know that version 3.0 of the Cichlidbase software is about to enter development. I am looking at a few changes to improve the experience.

The Ajax engine will be updated to root out the remaining IE stack bugs, ensure IE8 compatibility and handle the back and forward buttons on browsers.

The Program will finally be given its own new skin designed by cichgirl which should be a little more fun and a lot better looking than the one it currently has. This was created using the font from the forum logo and portions of my members images.

The application will designed to be more smart phone friendly. The goal here is to allow those with net enabled phones and data plans to use the CB while they are at the store looking at fish.

Language options will be built into the CB so it can provide information to a wider audience. The first target Languages will be French and Spanish. ( I have started reaching out for translators and the responses have been very positive.)

The real big one is that I am going to attempt to integrate the software into my forum software which will provide reporting tools which can be fashioned to allow people to make suggestions or assist in correcting information easily.

If you are still following this project and have any requests or suggestions this would be the time to do it.

(Someday I swear I will write the full documentation._

Alex Calder

Re: Version 3.0

Post by Alex Calder » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Here is a visual teaser.

I am currently knee deep in restructuring and rewriting.

Return to “Cichlidbase”