Questions and answers.

By Alex Calder
Alex Calder

Questions and answers.

Post by Alex Calder » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:56 pm

Today is an off day for me. I believe the great weather shifts of Louisiana have bitten me yet again
I have spent the last 10 minutes trying to write an explanatory thread. It has begun to seem futile,
so instead I welcome questions.

Alex Calder

Re: Questions and answers.

Post by Alex Calder » Sat May 03, 2008 12:43 pm

What is the purpose of the Cichlidbase?

The Cichlidbase exists as a free informational tool. The idea is to provide people up to date and accurate information on Cichlid species. The target audience is the new to mid level aquarist, though I would hope more advanced individuals would be able to find it useful as well. In my own situation I was watching my users pointing to other resources on the internet and felt that pointed to a need.

Who pays for the Cichlidbase?

I have a dedicated server that runs my web sites. The Cichlidbase is tied into a forum on this server. At present I pay for all costs myself though I am looking at advertising as a means to offset this cost. I do see a potential for tasteful advertising with in the CB though that is still a ways off and would not impact anyone's ability to use it for free. I was thinking about writing code to check vendors, who I was to reach an agreement with, stocking lists for the species being viewed.

Return to “Cichlidbase”