Greetings from the Maritimes

Discussion about cichlids from Lake Victoria

Moderator: Greg Steeves

|v|att

Greetings from the Maritimes

Post by |v|att » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:17 am

Hi everyone,

I'm just looking to see if anyone knows of a site or person who is selling Vics that would ship out to New Brunswick Canada? I'm trying to find sellers to buy some from, but i'm not having much luck.

Thanks,

Matt

Greg Steeves
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Greetings from the Maritimes

Post by Greg Steeves » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:17 am

Hi Matt

From a fellow New Brunswicker, welcome.

As I understand things with shipping, you might be better off to acquire stock from the west rather than the US. If you were to let us know what species you were looking for, Lisa might be able to at least point you in the right direction. I brought some fish to southern Ontario last year. The hobbyists that are now working with these colonies might be producing fry (I don't know for sure). I know there were Neochromis rufocaudalis, a couple locales of Pundamilia nyererei as well as Pundamilia pundamilia, a couple Xystichromis species and Platytainiodus too. I can't remember everything but there were some great starter colonies and some enthusiastic fish keepers. I would expect good things from them.

|v|att

Post by |v|att » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Here is what I currently have for Vics. I'm trying to expand my array of breeds so if there is anyone that sells them in Canada I would for sure be more willing to deal with them and buy breeding colonies from them. I'm interested in buying from the US too but it just seems ALOT of companies will not ship to Canada let alone New Brunswick

Ent. Paropius - H.P Salmon - Piebald - Dayglow - Orthostoma Omnicas - Latifas - Yala Swamp - Species 44 - Kyoga Flamebacks

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:10 am

It's not so much that they won't ship, but many of the carriers refuse to bring in live fish. Also, customs is getting tougher and tougher on aquarium fish. There are a LOT of new regulations going into place now.

|v|att

Post by |v|att » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:45 pm

Do you know of anyone in Eastern Canada that is breeding Victorians that sell them?

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Have you contacted these guys?

http://www.nsaquariumclub.com/forum.htm

|v|att

Post by |v|att » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:50 am

Hey Lisa,

I have not as of yet but I will :lol: I just checked out the site quickly and alot of those people are on ECAS.ca and they do not breed vics.

I do appreciate the pointing in the right direction :D

Return to “Lake Victoria Cichlids”