Quick look at Jombie's fish

Upcoming Events and Club News

Moderators: Jombi21, TheFishGuy, Don Danko, tankmates, LewC, Hilary, IThinkFast

Jombie

Quick look at Jombie's fish

Post by Jombie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:52 pm

I figured I would share some pics of my fish. I don't have much set up right now: 125, 44, 10, 5, 2.5. My last semester starts in the Fall, then I can get a job that supports my hobby, and my future wife and family. The 125 is just a New World mix; I want to gain the most experience with a wide variety of Cichlids until I can have a fishroom. I take my fish keeping very responsibly, so I have always kept with small to medium sized Cichlids in overfiltrated tanks.

I am relatively new to Cichlids. I bought my first ones roughly 5 years ago. I still have the female Aequidens pulcher, and 2 female convicts.

Over the years I have added to the mix. Here are my two favorites that I purchased from Dave months back. Picture do not do the justice (at least these).

Geophagus altifrons

Red shoulder Sev (much, much darker in person) - The other day, close to dark hunter green

Here's a pic of a growing Meeki from Mr. Woodland. The have some attitude!

New addition from the auction. Guianacara sphenozona - a good looking, peaceful Cichlid.

I have been getting into Corys lately, here are some pics.

Finally, the 44 is taken up by two mean, male cons that I had no other place to locate. I was tired of having con babies, so I had two males left over. I don't know what to do with them.

Well, thanks for looking! As I said, I don't do much breeding right now because of the small number of tanks, but because I am still new to the hobby, I still classify what I do as research. Maybe my Corys will breed, who knows? One day (soon!) I plan to dabble in Africans. I would like to do male Peacock, or one of those cool Tangs Mr. Danko was displaying last meeting. Big Thanks to the OCA and all its members for helping me to broaden my knowledge and experience with Cichlids.

Have a good one!
Jom

TheFishGuy

Re: Quick look at Jombie's fish

Post by TheFishGuy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Great looking fish Jombie! As for your male cons... Would they like a 1500 gallon? As long as they're over 4" they'll be fine :)

I'll be speaking at the next meeting, you're more than welcome to bring them along. I will give them a fun place to live if you need the tank space :)

Jombie

Post by Jombie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:53 pm

I appreciate the offer and I just might take you up on it. I will see how things go over the next few weeks. Thanks for the nice comment. :)

I hope everything works out with your city problem. I will try to write letter asap.

Jom

TheFishGuy

Post by TheFishGuy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:47 pm

LOL Thanks, I think now it's the other way around... Apparently people have been emailing the city all day :D Your geos got a second look from my wife... she approves! LOL She loves geos :)

Return to “Announcements”