OCA for Kids and Teens

Upcoming Events and Club News

Moderators: Jombi21, TheFishGuy, Don Danko, tankmates, LewC, Hilary, IThinkFast

fmueller

OCA for Kids and Teens

Post by fmueller » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:41 am

The OCA has always been a very kid friendly club. We usually have a lot of kids at our meetings and events, and we love to see them there. I reckon we would have a hard time with some of our auctions without all the kids who act tirelessly as runners! The OCA Board has now decided to do a little more for our youngsters, and we have added a Kids and Teens section to the OCA Website: http://www.ohiocichlid.com/oca-for-kids-and-teens/

To kick the whole thing off, there will be an OCA Drawing Contest. Read all about the details on the new page!

The drawing contest is probably of most appeal to some of the younger kids, but we also want to include those who are not quite adults yet, but don't like to be called kids either - the page is called OCA for Kids and Teens! There will be writing and photography contest after the end of the drawing contest that might be of more interest to this group.

The new page also explains other ways for kids and teens to get involved at OCA meetings and events, such as becoming an OCA runner, showing fish at the OCA Extravaganza and monthly bowl show, and taking advantage of out junior membership for just $10 per year to start collecting your own BAP points.

Check out the new page OCA for Kids and Teens together with your kids. I am sure you will enjoy it!

Frank

Frontosa by Mariah Brasch, 6

dbrummitt

Re: OCA for Kids and Teens

Post by dbrummitt » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:11 pm

Awesome good job guys. My son has his own fish at 2 years old, he feeds him, helps me clean the tank,kinda, and just loves to be the little helper of the man cave. Its nice to see that even the kids can be a part of what their family loves to do. Dustin B. :D
Fish and Disc Golf, what else do I need?

fmueller

Re: OCA for Kids and Teens

Post by fmueller » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:29 pm

dbrummitt wrote:My son has his own fish at 2 years old
I believe I saw him at the X-mas party. Now get the man some Crayons, have him draw a picture of the fish, send it to me - address is on the kids and teens page - and you're in business! :D

Greetings

Frank

Return to “Announcements”