Auction Wrap-Up

Upcoming Events and Club News

Moderators: Jombi21, TheFishGuy, Don Danko, tankmates, LewC, Hilary, IThinkFast

Kyle May

Auction Wrap-Up

Post by Kyle May » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:48 am

A Huge Thank-You to everyone who participated in our winter auction..both sellers and buyers.

I think we had a great variety and quality of species.
The buyers got some great deals but I also think the sellers should be happy because
the prices of most of the fish/supplies tended to be high, or at the very least fair.

We also had a good day at the membership table too and have some new members as a result.
Welcome to the Ohio Cichlid Association! I hope this is the first of many, many events that you will attend
as members of our club. Every month the OCA keeps growing and getting stronger with each
new member. New members bring diversity, knowledge and experience that continue make the club
a better deal for all of us! Thanks for choosing the best cichlid and catfish club on the planet!

The enthusiastic participation of the cichlid community continues to make this event bigger every year
and we at the OCA thank you all for your continued support.

See you all next time!

Kyle May
Memebership Team
Ohio Cichlid Association
Kyle May
Ohio Cichlid Association
Northern Ohio, USA

fmueller

Re: Auction Wrap-Up

Post by fmueller » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Kyle, I couldn't agree more with what you said!

Some photos of the event are now on the OCA Web Site. As they say, a picture speaks more than a thousand words, and I am sure from the photos it is clear how much fun everybody had, and what a great event it was.

If you missed it, make sure do not let this happen again! The next big OCA event will be the OCA-Fishy-Swap-Meet in September! :D

Frank

trebor69

Post by trebor69 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:43 am

It was a great auction with LOTS of fish/stuff for sale.

A big thx to all the members who work so hard to make an event such as this go down smoothly. (you know who you are)

Great pics Frank
I especially love this one hahaha

fmueller

Post by fmueller » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:26 am

Yes - a well deserved nap! Lew was in fine form as auctioneer at the Winter Auction 09, as you can see in some of the other pictures. He carried us through to the very end, and he later told me that little nap really helped him. Also, whenever the OCA needs runners, Ken Galaska seems to be going the extra mile - literally! :lol:

A big thanks to both of them!

Greetings

Frank

LewC

Post by LewC » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:51 am

Hey, I wasn't sleeping, I was, um, meditating, you know, getting in the zone for my next turn auctioneering. Yeah, that's it.

ajsubotnik

Post by ajsubotnik » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:21 pm

You were in the zone that's for sure...lol
What swims in the sea, carries a machine gun, and makes you an offer you can't refuse?

The Codfather

dbrummitt

Post by dbrummitt » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:42 pm

Right.......at least he doesn't fall over, lol :lol:
Fish and Disc Golf, what else do I need?

Jombie

Post by Jombie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:12 pm

I had a really good time at the auction. This being my first auction, I could not believe the amount bags. It was a great experience and I can not wait for next year.

Jom

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:22 pm

Jombie wrote:I had a really good time at the auction. This being my first auction, I could not believe the amount bags. It was a great experience and I can not wait for next year.

Jom
U liked that? At some auctions we've had nearly twice that.

Jombie

Post by Jombie » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:39 am

Unreal. I couldn't believe my eyes, AND I got exactly what I came looking for. Fantastic.

Jom

trebor69

Post by trebor69 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:11 am

Jombie wrote:Unreal. I couldn't believe my eyes, AND I got exactly what I came looking for. Fantastic.

Jom

so many bags we just couldn't make it to the end...we decided to leave a bit early to go eat (a mistake)

we had to go all the way back cuz we got something that we didn't go looking for WOOHOO :D

that 3/4 dead pathetic looking discus I bought is so far still hanging in there haha I think he may pull through

The one complaint I have...and it is a small one. I thought the space used was a little small for the number
of bags and people. I guess that could be considered a good thing since you never know for sure what kind
of turn out you're going to get....but I found myself not looking at the bags because I felt like I was in a
3 hour line waiting to get on a ride at Cedar Point haha.

how many bidder hung in til the very end?

LewC

Post by LewC » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:12 am

There was still a nice size group at the end. I think that many of them were waiting for the tank raffle, so they wouldn't have to come back if they won it. 8)

Jombie

Post by Jombie » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:46 am

Did I win?

Jom

satony

Post by satony » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:04 am

yea definently a great auction. it was my first and i was very impressed. to bad theres not another one next month.

Return to “Announcements”