Moderators: Jombi21, Hilary, TheFishGuy, Don Danko, tankmates, LewC, IThinkFast

LewC

May 4th: Charlie Mueller on breeding Loracariids

Post by LewC » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 am

OCA Program Preview
May, 2018
Submitted
Mueller photo cropped.jpg
Charlie Mueller has been keeping fish for over 20 years now, and lives in the Pittsburgh area. Specializing almost exclusively on South American fish over the years, he has recently narrowed down his focus to catfish with sucker mouths, from cave spawners to lip brooders. Being a member of the Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society has only enabled the addiction to grow even larger. He currently focuses on breeding members of the Apistoloricaria/Rhadinoloricaria, Planiloricaria, Pseudacanthicus, and Pseudohemiodon genera. The presentation will focus on first-hand experience with maintaining, breeding, and raising different species of suckermouth catfish from South America.

For next month, we look forward to a great talk, with fascinating underwater video, by Lee Newman, visiting from Canada. His presentation: “Cenotes, Caves and Fishes of the Yucatan”.

May’s Bowl Show classes: Loricariids (Pleco types) over 6”, Peacocks, and Open New World Cichlids.

smitty

Re: May 4th: Charlie Mueller on breeding Loracariids

Post by smitty » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:44 pm

I would give my right arm to be able to get off work and attend.
150gal- Dovi's; 3 AC 110 P.Filters; 2 AC 110 P.Heads; Eheim 2217,2260
180gal- Managuense; 3 AC 110 P.Filters; 2 AC 110 P.Heads; Eheim 2217,2260; FX5
210gal- Argta,Bifsct,Fnstrtus,Maculcda,Regani,Syns,Zntus; 4 AC P.Filters; 2 AC P.Hds; Eheim 2250,2262; FX5

Don Danko
OCA member

Re: May 4th: Charlie Mueller on breeding Loracariids

Post by Don Danko » Wed May 02, 2018 8:27 am

Dan O and I visited Charlie a couple of years back and were blown away with the things he was breeding - whiptails of all sort, Tatia and LARGE Plecos! This promises to be a great talk!
Like the Ohio Cichlid Association on Facebook!

Return to “Announcements”