Parrothead's 75 SA Tank

Discussion about cichlids from South America

Moderator: Florent

Parrothead

Parrothead's 75 SA Tank

Post by Parrothead » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:08 pm

I had originally planned on doing a discus tank, but have decided to put that on hold for the time being. As I'm burnt out on my Lake Vic cichlids I've decided on a trip across the pond. Here's the stocking list of what I would like to do. Any thoughts, critique, etc is welcome and expected.

In the planning stages here. Tank is a 75 gallon, I am thinking about the following stock list:

Thoughts or Additions are wanted, expected, and welcomed

Aequidens pulcher – 1 Pair
Boesemani Rainbow (Melanotaenia boesemani) – 5
Gold Barbs – 10
Corys – 6

Planning PFS for Substrate with the plants such as POTHOS, Philodendron, etc with just the roots growing into the tank with various areas of river rock.

Tank is reef ready, with an over sized wet-dry, designed for a 90 to 125. Will be upgrading to a 2 - 4 bulb T5 ho unit or led. Not sure which yet???????????

Thanks All

Vee

Re: Parrothead's 75 SA Tank

Post by Vee » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:39 am

Shouldn't have gave up on the lake Vic cichlids big mistake

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Parrothead

Re: Parrothead's 75 SA Tank

Post by Parrothead » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:04 am

They've gotten a little difficult to get here in Jacksonville and I really don't have the available time to maintain multiple tanks, I've got 2 55's and a 30 all with filters sitting in dry dock at the moment. For now I just want the 75 up and running with something different, I'll get back into vic's later:)

Return to “South American Cichlids”