Help with GTs

Discussion about cichlids from South America

Moderator: Florent

ManojK.M

Help with GTs

Post by ManojK.M » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Hey guys, Recently got 2GTs and this is my first time getting GTs, The guy who sold them to me said they are male and female but im not sure. Can anyone help me? Additional info - They were ok for 2 days but after that, the big one started attacking the small one and tore its tail a bit. I have separated them since then.
https://youtu.be/GACWGBoB5P4

Rico Morgenstern
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Help with GTs

Post by Rico Morgenstern » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:31 pm

I'm not quite sure, but I think it could well be a pair - the slightly larger fish being the female. It has the orange fin margins somewhat narrower, and the blue head markings seem to be partly fused to plain areas.

Jholland80

Post by Jholland80 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:13 pm

They look to both be male, to me. The fins on both fish are flowing and the profile looks male to me, even though one looks to have a bit more nuchal hump.

ManojK.M

Post by ManojK.M » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:08 am

Rico Morgenstern wrote:I'm not quite sure, but I think it could well be a pair - the slightly larger fish being the female. It has the orange fin margins somewhat narrower, and the blue head markings seem to be partly fused to plain areas.
Thank you. So the female is picking on the male cause he is small? why would it do that? its not like its breeding tube has dropped.

Return to “South American Cichlids”