Extravaganza ......... MISSING OUT! :( :(

Details on this year’s Extravaganza

Moderators: Jombi21, TheFishGuy, Don Danko, tankmates, LewC, Hilary, IThinkFast

Rick Thibert

Extravaganza ......... MISSING OUT! :( :(

Post by Rick Thibert » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:14 am

I was hoping I could get an outsiders look of what's going on this weekend. :)

Lots of pics and/or live updates would be great! :) I've never been before, but would love to see/hear what goes on. :)

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND. No doubt Dan has sorted you all out and the speakers list is out of this world. ENJOY! :)

Rick

steveh28

Re: Extravaganza ......... MISSING OUT! :( :(

Post by steveh28 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi Rick

We just finished up with our first ever swap meet at the Extravaganza. It went very well for our first try. Lots of people came out to buy and all of our tables were sold.

The whole hotel is swarming with people in and out of rooms where people are buying and selling fish. The speakers have been excellent, as always. Last night I got to hear Eric Bodrock and Rusty Wessel. Eric spoke about breeding oddballs, mostly catfish. Rusty talked about the Panuco Basin in Mexico. Unfortunately I have not been able to attend any of the other speakers, but I am sure they are giving excellent talks. Ad Konings just started his speach, I will try to sneak in to that.

Coming up later tonight is our pizza party and dry goods auction, as well as the awards for the fish show. Tomorrow is our huge auction.

Sorry there are no pictures here yet, but if you are on Facebook, we have a page and there will be some pictures there soon.

Hopefully one year you can come over to visit us here in Ohio!

Rick Thibert

Post by Rick Thibert » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks for the update Steve! :) .............and the invitation.......... I should make a point to attend. :) Sounds super fun!!

Rusty's Rio Panuco Basin presentation it TOP CLASS........ LOVE IT!!

Any H. minckleyi in those hotel rooms? LOL

Rick

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:29 pm

No H. minckleyi but lot's of other stuff Rick! Just settling down to one more night in the hotel after an 1100 item auction!! :shock:

Jay stuffer's talk was incredible, Ad Konings never disappoints! Willem Heijns kept the audience riveted to their seats, Eric Bodrock rocked, Rusty Wessel amazed as always, Don Conkel left them speechless and Charley Geimes wowed them while having them laughing in the isles!!!!

Our 15th year is in the history books, another successful show! The biggest ever!

Plans for number 16 are already underway! Ad Konings and Stephan Tanner will be joining us.... More to come!!!! :D

Rick Thibert

Post by Rick Thibert » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:22 am

Now you're really making me jealous! :( :(

I look forward to all the pics and stories.........................

Return to “Extravaganza News”