Nandopsis Tetracanthus

Discussion about cichlids from Central America
Alex Odesit

Re: Nandopsis Tetracanthus

Post by Alex Odesit » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:10 am

Ehall67SA wrote:I'm glad you did what a beautiful fish ! looks so strong

I take it a CA community tank?
Thanks! Strong and active female. Eat allot, move a lot, etc:) Mostly swimming in open mid/upper level of the tank.
This aquarium also consist some SA fish. Cichlids (2 Heros Efasciatus), and non cichlid species.
Alex

Ehall67SA

Post by Ehall67SA » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:35 am

Thats nice to have a big fish like that that wants to be seen ! great

and yes I seen the SD but did not see the Severum which is deff in you pictures lol! DUH!

I just saw the JD and Perseii and assumed (they looked good also so thats what drew my eye to them lol)
Eddie Hall

Darth Nandopsis

Post by Darth Nandopsis » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:27 am

What is stocked in this tank, cichlid & otherwise??
You can have the most advanced, expensive filtration available on the market today, but you still GOTTA CHANGE THAT WATER!!!!

Alex Odesit

Post by Alex Odesit » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Darth Nandopsis wrote:What is stocked in this tank, cichlid & otherwise??
220 GAL (I grew all fish from the juvenile stage or they were born in my tanks). Most of the fish over 5 years or older..
One female N.Tetracanthus
Two ex C.Pearsei (possible male and female)
One male P. Motaguensis (Red Tiger)
Few Convicts
Male Thorichthys meeki
Pair Heros Efasciatus
Two juvenile ex. C. Festae < possible one of them will be relocated
Five silver dollars
Three Clown loach
Three Orange tail botia
Two Rainbow sharks
One Black tail shark

meksjoef

Post by meksjoef » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:35 pm

Some nice fish...
The combination and numbers of fish is not something that i like to see in one tank.

Darth Nandopsis

Post by Darth Nandopsis » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:50 am

Yeah, that's severly overstocked..........

What is your WC schedule?? I do daily WC's in my fishroom......what types of filtration do you have on this tank???
You can have the most advanced, expensive filtration available on the market today, but you still GOTTA CHANGE THAT WATER!!!!

Alex Odesit

Post by Alex Odesit » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:19 am

Darth Nandopsis wrote:Yeah, that's severly overstocked..........

What is your WC schedule?? I do daily WC's in my fishroom......what types of filtration do you have on this tank???
Why so many question marks? LOL
It looks really emotional...
I agree though tank is overstock now. Wont be for long. Doing weekly 50% wc and use 2 canister Eheim filters. 2260 and 2217 (I believe that the number).

Darth Nandopsis

Post by Darth Nandopsis » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:27 am

Just the way I do things......no emotion involved, just curious.......I had a male Cuban some time ago, I sold it due to extreme aggression. You said you had a BT Shark..... as in Bala shark, or did you mean Red-Tailed Black Shark?? I currently have a RTBS, & it is one of the more aggressive fish I own; I had to put him in w/ a smale male jag to put him in his place, after he was in tanks containing a pair of Festae & a small female Jag & did nothing but start trouble.....

Alex Odesit

Post by Alex Odesit » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Darth Nandopsis wrote:Just the way I do things......no emotion involved, just curious.......I had a male Cuban some time ago, I sold it due to extreme aggression. You said you had a BT Shark..... as in Bala shark, or did you mean Red-Tailed Black Shark?? I currently have a RTBS, & it is one of the more aggressive fish I own; I had to put him in w/ a smale male jag to put him in his place, after he was in tanks containing a pair of Festae & a small female Jag & did nothing but start trouble.....
I am talking about Red Tailed Black Shark. I have them for years in every of mine large community tank 90 plus gal, as well Rainbow sharks I mention before. They don't cause any problems, they may chase each other from time to time but nothing downsize homicidal. I am sure if you kept them in smaller tank it may turn completely different. Size is a matter for these.
The reason I like them because, they are great scavengers (getting in places where Python wc accessories can't) besides being beautiful fish, unless you planning CA tank and want only fish from the specif area. But I am not that anal.
The red tail pictured here is 7 years old and full 6" TL and he is not going anywhere from that 6 ft tank
Attachments
Red Tail R.jpg
Mota_with 6 inch Red tailR.jpg

Alex Odesit

Post by Alex Odesit » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Here the Red Tail trio from my other large tank:
download/file.php?id=4161&mode=view

Darth Nandopsis

Post by Darth Nandopsis » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:50 pm

I've had them before, this one is the 1st I've had w/ a downright evil temperament, which is why I named him Darth Maul.

bennymoreno51

Post by bennymoreno51 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:34 am

great on your cichlid fish

Return to “Central American Cichlids”