The 'BIG' and the 'small' of It

Discussion about cichlids from Central America
Jim Cumming

The 'BIG' and the 'small' of It

Post by Jim Cumming » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:11 am

It, in this case is the Central American cichlid, Paraneetroplus hartwegi. The contrast in size of the 13" guarding male to his newly free-swimming 1/8th" fry is quite amazing. The female is in the back corner with another couple of hundred fry, out of the scene.
MVI_0721.jpg
MVI_0722-002.jpg
MVI_0722-003.jpg
MVI_0725.jpg
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".
- Albert Einstein

ciclasoman

Re: The 'BIG' and the 'small' of It

Post by ciclasoman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:24 am

Congratulations Jim! That fish is a beautiful beast if a cichlid.

zeppel

Post by zeppel » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:04 pm

That is amazing! And what an absolute stunner your male is. That is a ton of fry...imagine them in a few months!

Jim Cumming

Post by Jim Cumming » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:33 pm

ciclasoman wrote:Congratulations Jim! That fish is a beautiful beast if a cichlid.
zeppel wrote:That is amazing! And what an absolute stunner your male is. That is a ton of fry...imagine them in a few months!
Thank you fellows. I won't be collecting any of these fry and it will be amazing if any survive in there. I'll just let nature run its course. I already have 10- 4 to 6"ers that are pairing up from a spawn about a year ago so my next generation of 'hartwegi' is assured.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".
- Albert Einstein

Return to “Central American Cichlids”