Rio Danli

Discussion about cichlids from Central America
stomper160

Rio Danli

Post by stomper160 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:23 pm

Anyone have any info or best guesses on fish found in Rio Danli besides the HRP? I would assume a parachromis is found in the area.

michi tobler
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Rio Danli

Post by michi tobler » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi,
not sure where the Rio Danli per se is, but I sampled several creeks in the Danli area a few years ago. Besides HRPs, we collected Parachromis managuensis, Parachromis dovii, Astatheros longimanus, Amphilophus hogaboomorum, Poecilia cf. salvatoris, Poeciliopsis cf. turrubarensis, Rhamdia laticauda, Astyanax aeneus, and Synbranchus marmoratus.
Cheers, m
Humans are not the pinnacle of evolutionary progress but only an aberrant side branch of fish evolution - Moyle

Website

EC

Post by EC » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:56 am

Danlì.

Ciao Enrico

stomper160

Post by stomper160 » Fri May 23, 2014 6:23 pm

michi tobler wrote:Hi,
not sure where the Rio Danli per se is, but I sampled several creeks in the Danli area a few years ago. Besides HRPs, we collected Parachromis managuensis, Parachromis dovii, Astatheros longimanus, Amphilophus hogaboomorum, Poecilia cf. salvatoris, Poeciliopsis cf. turrubarensis, Rhamdia laticauda, Astyanax aeneus, and Synbranchus marmoratus.
Cheers, m

So does Rio Danli not exist? A google search indicates Danli is a small town near the Nicaraguan boarder, and Rio Los Almendros is nearby. For such a popular little fish I would think there would be information on the collection point.

michi tobler
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by michi tobler » Sun May 25, 2014 5:27 pm

The problem with stream names in Central America is that they're often not formally named and people refer to them by the name of proximate towns. I.e., the same stream might have different names as you travel along it. That's why it is important to georeference collection localities.
Humans are not the pinnacle of evolutionary progress but only an aberrant side branch of fish evolution - Moyle

Website

Return to “Central American Cichlids”