One of My Favorite Paraneetroplus sp. has Paired

Discussion about cichlids from Central America
Jim Cumming

One of My Favorite Paraneetroplus sp. has Paired

Post by Jim Cumming » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:14 am

I have had Paraneetroplus regani for about five years now. They have always impressed me with their delicate coloration and patterning - unique to this species and 'argentea'. Despite my efforts to bring them to maturity and have them breed, I have not had good luck, with my breeding male jumping out (I'm still trying to figure out how I could have let that happen) and my female dying when my filter and aeration stopped working while I was away on vacation last summer. Argentea pretty much the same story, except here it was a matter of "pescacide". Determined to learn from my mistakes, I had the good fortune to swap fish with a good friend in town, and I ended up with both 'argentea' and 'regani' again. This was about 8 months ago. Well things are finally starting to happen. Out of the 4 'regani', a pair has formed. They are about 18 months old now. the male is about 8", the female 7". Here are three images of the pair.You'll notice they have a few scales missing from skirmishing with an established pair of P. 'breidohri'. Up to now the 'breidohri' have dominated the tank.
Attachments
MVI_0293-003.jpg
MVI_0293.jpg
MVI_0294-001.jpg
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".
- Albert Einstein

Jim Cumming

Re: One of My Favorite Paraneetroplus sp. has Paired

Post by Jim Cumming » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am

Here's a video of the tank.
http://youtu.be/im7uJEbxiss
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".
- Albert Einstein

Return to “Central American Cichlids”