Fishing Convicts

Discussion about cichlids from Central America
rodald

Fishing Convicts

Post by rodald » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:13 am

Hi everyone,
I just want to share some pictures i was able to take yesterday, I had nothing else to do so me and my friend decided to go fishing, we went to a stream of Rio Guacalate, heres a pic of it
as you can see the substrate is mostly big round boulders over thin sand, in some places there were a lot of fallen leaves where fish like to hide as you can see here
we decided to stay under an abandoned bridge where there were almost no rocks and the water was a little deeper
So we started throwing the casting net, at first we were pulling out only poecilidae as the one you can see in the picture
but then we started pulling out a lot of Convicts and thats the only cichlid we were able to catch here are some pictures of the ones we caught

a female

some males

at the end we ended up with arround 25 convicts all of them almost of the same size, we couldnt catch anything else but i was able to see a couple A. Trimaculatum and a really big A. Macracanthus with some fry that my friend tried to catch but all he was able to get is a bite in the hand :lol:

hope you enjoyed it.

Greetings
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><)))))º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><)))))º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><)))))º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.

RobinH

Re: Fishing Convicts

Post by RobinH » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:22 am

Very nice and interesting :D

Alleycat

Post by Alleycat » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:33 am

WOW !

I'm not a big fan of convicts, but catching them in the wild like that, WOW !

rodald

Post by rodald » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Thank you for your replies, i will try to keep going to diferent places on weekends and will post pics :D
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><)))))º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><)))))º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><)))))º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.

newworldsss

Post by newworldsss » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:24 pm

Great I love that stuff more pics would be awesome....

Return to “Central American Cichlids”