Theraps Coeruleus wigglers!

Discussion about cichlids from Central America
Norcal_Cichlid

Theraps Coeruleus wigglers!

Post by Norcal_Cichlid » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Many of you know my struggle with getting a viable spawn out of my wild pair but I pulled the rock they ALWAYS spawn on with over 100 eggs and now have a bit over 70 wigglers. Pretty exciting day for me as I know not many people in the US work with this species. Hope to have some available in the coming months. I'll get pics soon. Interesting factoid, it took just over 6 days for them to hatch. Eggs were laid on 10/18 approximately 9am and started hatching last night but mostly this morning and right now.
Current stock-2 F1 Breeding pairs of Chuco Micropthalmus, F1 Theraps Lentiginosum (2 breeding pairs), Theraps Coeruleus (1 breeding pair), 7 5-8" F0 Ornatum "Rio Choco", 2 Beani "White" and about 400 Micropthalmus fry!

Marko Lenac

Re: Theraps Coeruleus wigglers!

Post by Marko Lenac » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:59 am

great news!

zakdmb

Post by zakdmb » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:34 pm

congrats!....what a great fish. Id be more than happy to help you spread those around the hobby here in the US :D

Michael Kwist

Post by Michael Kwist » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:04 am

Good news Norcal!

I have at the moment one pair with fry, and a group of 40 to 50 small ones in a seperated tank those small ones are around 2,5 to 3cm now.. so i hope to end up with a big group but they can be sensitive at a size of 3cm.
I keep the fry in a tank with a temperature of 26C and 3 times a day they will get food on small portions! and most important thing to raise up the fry much waterchanges with water of the same temperature.
As food they get life artemia fry and later they will get small pieces of flakes and other small food.

Good luck with you're coeruleus fry 8)
Greetings Michael.

thefishjunky

Post by thefishjunky » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:26 am

Any updates on the fry?Would love to see some pictures.Congrats on the spawn as well!
~That which does not kill me only makes me stronger!!!
I will buy your fry if they are F1 and you can show pictures of parents and/or location points.Please p.m. me with details.ThankYou. John

Return to “Central American Cichlids”