The British Cichlid Association Spring Convention 2010.

Post your upcoming cichlid or fish event here.
James Shingler

The British Cichlid Association Spring Convention 2010.

Post by James Shingler » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:25 am

The British cichlid association spring convention 2010.
April 18

This years spring convention is all set to be the best yet, we have two excellent, well respected speakers, a large auction of rare cichlids and catfish from around the world, plus a large well supported raffle with amazing prizes including a large external filter(rrp £120), heaters, airpumps and plenty of foods from out sponsers. We are also supported by Tim Addis of TA aquaculture who will be bringing his trade stand for all your fishfood needs.

The event is being held on the 18th April at a central location in a well known and loved auction hotspot..Lodge park social club in Reddich. This venue is large enough for a good sized attendance, it has refreshments available(Bar, tea, coffee and the best cooked breakfasts in the midlands) and is in a location suited for the majority of our membership to get to easily. It is the same location as the very popular and well attended Midland charity auction and is a superb venue. At the rear is a stunning large lake that holds regular fishing matches and offers spectacular views if you require a bit of fresh air mid auction!! There is plenty of carparking and enough space to enjoy your day out.

The venue address is..
Lodge Park Social Club,
Redditch,
Worcs,
B98 7LH

This years speakers offer something for everyone and are of the highest quality, first up is our very own Mr Mark Breeze, Mark has recently been on his first(But not last) trip to the Amazon jungle in Peru. He is giving a talk and showing pictures of his trip. The main subject of the talk is Marks collecting and discoveries of his beloved Apistogramma. Mark is the UK's leading Apistogramma expert on this group of fish and is very well respected worldwide, we are very lucky to have him on our BCA committee and even luckier that he has offered to share his pictures and experinces of his trip to paradise...

Secondly is the worlds leading expert on Malawi cichlids, we have the pleasure of Prof. George Turner of Bangor University who will give a talk titled
'Cichlid fishes of the region around Lake Malawi'
George is a leading expert on the fishes of Lake Malawi, he is very well known for his studies into the cichlid flocks of Lake Malawi and is respected worldwide as THE person to speak to about this lake. We are very lucky to have George along to share his experiences and work and i personally am already looking forward to what he is going to share with us!! As a profesional lecturer you can expect a polished and professional talk from the best in the business...I cant wait!!

We are also going to be holding a 350 lot auction of cichlids, catfish and dry goods. I am doing all the booking in for this auction so please contact me for booking in forms, rule sheet and any information you may require. BCA members get priority for auction lots but anyones welcome. I would like to ask for the support of the Rift valley and Central American cichlid fans, i know from personal contacts that this auction will have a good selection of South American fish, i would like to see a even spread and would like a lot of Malawi and centrals entered if possible.
You can contact me for information direct on 07725516558 or email me for auction booking in forms at chest123com@aol.com

Please get involved and make a few quid in the proccess, enter your fish into the auction, support the BCA and also your wallet!! BCA auction events are well known for good prices for sellers and good bargains for buyers.. Get involved, come down and see what we are about, its a friendly atmosphere and you dont have to be a fishkeeping expert to attend, simply turn up on the day and enjoy yourself, we are all likeminded individuals and i can guarentee that we will all go home having learnt something new and with new friends in this fishkeeping hobby! we are open to all so even if your not a member we expect to see you there enjoying yourself!!!

All the best from the BCA committee.

PS I myself am not running this but hope to be there.

All coments and questions welcome.

All the best James

PS further details as they become available here.
http://www.britishcichlid.org.uk/phpBB3 ... f=14&t=122

James Shingler

Re: The British Cichlid Association Spring Convention 2010.

Post by James Shingler » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:26 pm

I guess I should mention that hard to get Malawi and Tang WC cichlids will also be available but not for sure in the auction.
I post a shameless (me not him as I am taking up the option 8) ) link to a guy willing to bring em to the convention.

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/p ... 108146.php

All the best James

Return to “Upcoming Events”