Ohio Cichlid Association Extravaganza 2009!!!

Post your upcoming cichlid or fish event here.
Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Ohio Cichlid Association Extravaganza 2009!!!

Post by Dan Woodland » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:02 am

Hello all you Cichlid Geeks and Cichlidiots!,

It's that time of year, AGAIN!

The Ohio Cichlid Association Extravaganza is fast approaching – November 20,21,22 2009. :shock: Some have already registered and reserved their rooms. Hotel rooms will go fast so reserve them early!! The show has grown in attendance and room reservations each year!!!

We have a fantastic speaker line-up full of heavy hitters including: Ad Konings, Willem Heijns, Rusty Wessel, Dr. Jay Stauffer, Don Conkel and special guest Eric Bodrock!!!!!

Vote for your favorite Willem Heijns talk on the CRC forum at viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7048.

Definitely a line-up of must see fish talks!

With that line-up, a huge dry goods auction (Saturday night) and an even bigger Fish Auction Sunday you’ll need the Saturday night pizza party, free hospitality rooms (Friday and Saturday) and morning mixers (Saturday and Sunday) to build up your strength!!

NEW for 2009!!! :shock: :shock:

Come participate in the first ever Extravaganza Swap Meet!!! Buy Sell and Trade anything legal in the state of Ohio!!!! Yes, we’ll still have vendor tables. Bring lots of stuff to sell and trade we expect a very busy day with lots of added traffic in the show and vendor rooms!!!

When: Saturday from 10am to 2pm
Cost: Tables $20/ea
No buyer admission fee

Extravaganza Swap info/questions:
[email protected]
330-730-3177

Also the Ohio Cichlid Association is proud to announce the First Annual “Late Night with” series with special guest Willem Heijns speaking on his world famous Cichlidarium!! Bring your favorite beverage or (WE MAY PROVIDE COFFEE) for this late night talk.

There are two ways to register this year!
Mail Registration (New Mailing Address for 2009)
Mail Registration and Check to:
Ohio Cichlid Association
c/o Rhonda Sorensen 4179 W. 59th
Cleveland, Ohio 44144

Electronic Registration
Email Registration to:
[email protected]
Send Total via Pay Pal to:
[email protected]

Please visit our website for more information at http://www.ohiocichlid.com/home/
Or visit our Extravaganza web page to download registration forms at http://www.ohiocichlid.com/oca-extravaganza/

We look forward to seeing you in November!!!!
Last edited by Dan Woodland on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Ohio Cichlid Associaiton Extravaganza 2009!!!

Post by Dan Woodland » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:51 am

Post modified to add Extravaganza Swap Meet announcement....

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:47 am

Hello all,

Please review the message above, it's been updated to include some new features for at the Extravaganza!!!

We offer the best value for the money in a relaxed fun filled atmosphere!!! We provide access to the biggest names in the hobby so feel free to introduce yourself to each speaker!!!

You won’t find a better deal anywhere ion the planet!!!

Thanks for looking and we'll see you in November!!!

Ohio Cichlid Association

Dave Schumacher
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dave Schumacher » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:37 am

I sure wish I could go! My wife and I are having a baby on November 22. Do you think she'd miss me if I was at the Extravaganza instead? :lol:
Dave Schumacher
http://www.davesfish.com

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Dave Schumacher wrote:I sure wish I could go! My wife and I are having a baby on November 22. Do you think she'd miss me if I was at the Extravaganza instead? :lol:
Dave,

I'm pretty sure she'll be busy that weekend and won't miss you. :D

Congratulations! Don't worry we'll be here for a few more years!

Darrell Ullisch

Post by Darrell Ullisch » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:12 am

Dave,

When I was born, my father was on a ship in the Navy. He requested leave to be there when I was due, but the captain told him, "You were there to lay the keel, they don't need you for the launching!"

However, I doubt that your wife will feel the same way. :lol:

Congratulations on the expectation, BTW!
There are two kinds of error: blind credulity and piecemeal criticism. Sound skepticism is the necessary condition for good discernment; but piecemeal criticism is an error. - Egyptian proverb

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Hello all you Cichlid Geeks and Cichlidiots!,

It's that time of year, AGAIN!

The Ohio Cichlid Association Extravaganza is fast approaching – November 20,21,22 2009. :shock: Some have already registered and reserved their rooms. Hotel rooms will go fast so reserve them early!! The show has grown in attendance and room reservations each year!!!

We have a fantastic speaker line-up full of heavy hitters including: Ad Konings, Willem Heijns, Rusty Wessel, Dr. Jay Stauffer, Don Conkel and special guest Eric Bodrock!!!!!

Vote for your favorite Willem Heijns talk on the CRC forum at viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7048.

Definitely a line-up of must see fish talks!

With that line-up, a huge dry goods auction (Saturday night) and an even bigger Fish Auction Sunday you’ll need the Saturday night pizza party, free hospitality rooms (Friday and Saturday) and morning mixers (Saturday and Sunday) to build up your strength!!

NEW for 2009!!! :shock: :shock:

Come participate in the first ever Extravaganza Swap Meet!!! Buy Sell and Trade anything legal in the state of Ohio!!!! Yes, we’ll still have vendor tables. Bring lots of stuff to sell and trade we expect a very busy day with lots of added traffic in the show and vendor rooms!!!

When: Saturday from 12am to 3pm
Cost: Tables $20/ea (for registered Extravaganza attendees - $30 for non-registered)
No buyer admission fee

Extravaganza Swap info/questions:
[email protected]
330-730-3177

Also the Ohio Cichlid Association is proud to announce the First Annual “Late Night with” series with special guest Willem Heijns speaking on his world famous Cichlidarium!! Bring your favorite beverage or (WE MAY PROVIDE COFFEE) for this late night talk.

There are two ways to register this year!
Mail Registration (New Mailing Address for 2009)
Mail Registration and Check to:
Ohio Cichlid Association
c/o Rhonda Sorensen 4179 W. 59th
Cleveland, Ohio 44144

Electronic Registration
Email Registration to:
[email protected]
Send Total via Pay Pal to:
[email protected]

Please visit our website for more information at http://www.ohiocichlid.com/home/
Or visit our Extravaganza web page to download registration forms at http://www.ohiocichlid.com/oca-extravaganza/

We look forward to seeing you in November!!!!

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 pm

New swap meet details have been posted including a time and cost update. Please review them!!!!

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:12 pm

Hello everyone,

According to our web page there are only 28 days left to this years show. http://www.ohiocichlid.com/home

If you are planning on attending we suggest you at least reserve a room at the hotel. The rooms are moving at a steady pace. This is no ploy to boost room sales; we normally need to bump the block of rooms a couple times each year.

We've added yet another speaker this year! Charley Grimes will be joining us for another visit. Charley is one of the funniest hobbyists I know and his talks always have them rolling in the isles! That makes 6 different speakers giving 7 different talks! What next?

I’ll tell you what next! We’re having a special raffle of donated items that will be signed by our speakers. We’ll have limited numbers of Books, DVDs and what ever else we can get our hands on!! If you’d like to donate something please contact me directly via Email - [email protected] or 440-885-2033.

The value just keeps getting better and better! Where else can you get 7 top notch speakers, a convention T-shirt and a weekend full of Cichlids for only $35?? No where I tell you, no where!!

Thanks for looking and we hope you can join us for fun and Cichlids at the Ohio Cichlid Associations Extravaganza 2009!!!

Please visit us at http://www.OhioCichlid.com for more details.

Dan Woodland
Ohio Cichlid Association

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:14 pm

10 more Days!!!!!!!

We're already ahead of last years registrations!!!!! Get your hotel room, they are nearly all reserved. Each year we fill the hotel!!!

One more innovation form the Ohio Cichlid Association!!!

To show our appreciation for their sacrifices all active military and families of deployed soldiers are welcome to join us free of charge for the weekend. Just present your military Id at the registration desk. We hope to see you there!

See you all November 20th - 22nd!!!!

Klaus Steinhaus

Post by Klaus Steinhaus » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:44 am

Dan Woodland wrote:To show our appreciation for their sacrifices all active military and families of deployed soldiers are welcome to join us free of charge for the weekend. Just present your military Id at the registration desk. We hope to see you there!
Realy nice touch....Image

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Ohio Cichlid Association Extravaganza 2009!!!

Post by Dan Woodland » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:28 am

For us the show is only two days away, set up etc, and the rest of you the fun starts in three days!!! We are well ahead of last years pre-registered guest numbers so this promises to be a very well attended event!!!

Hope to see you there!

The OCA Board!

Return to “Upcoming Events”