Paul Loiselle speaking at DRAS Awards Banquet Feb. 9/08

Post your upcoming cichlid or fish event here.
Lisachromis
Administrator

Paul Loiselle speaking at DRAS Awards Banquet Feb. 9/08

Post by Lisachromis » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:34 pm

Thought people may be interested in this:
DRAS-LoiselleDinner.jpg

Klaus Steinhaus

Re: Paul Loiselle speaking at DRAS Awards Banquet Feb. 9/08

Post by Klaus Steinhaus » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:55 pm

Thank you Lisa for posting this here. I hope to we will see a good number of people from other local clubs.

Paul has also agreed to stay until the following Wednesday and do a different presentation on our regular club meeting on Tuesday Feb. 12/08. We usually have about 40 members at our meeting and it sure would be nice if there were a good number more in the room.

Klaus Steinhaus

Post by Klaus Steinhaus » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:08 am

The award dinner is over and it was a great success. Dr. Loiselle gave a presentation about his conservation efforts in Madagascar which was extremely well received and made everybody present vividly aware of the problems at hand. A donation to the "Dr. Paul Loiselle Conservation Fund" was made by my home club http://www.dras.ca to help with his efforts.

Dr. Loiselle will do another presentation tonight at our regular monthly meeting. He will talk to us about dwarf cichlids and I look very much forward to this.

Attendance was the largest we ever had at this annual event and a great time was had be all. Some of the animal keepers at the Toronto Zoo volunteer every year to do the "behind the scene" tours. This year tours were taken through the fish quarantine section and the "bug" section which was a great success. http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=24591.0

Here is Lisa (Lisachromis) and Ken Boorman in discussion with Dr. Loiselle.

The man in action:

The attendees listening:

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:32 am

It was a fantastic time! I would go again in a heart beat.

Paul did a wonderful Malagasy fish talk. I'm only disappointed it wasn't both of the talks you guys at DRAS will get. You'll have to let me know how the dwarf cichlid one goes tonight!!!!!

Once I get a little bit of time (can't tonight, is club meeting night), I'll post a couple of the behind the scenes tour we did at the zoo. I mainly got animal/fish pics, not people.

Return to “Upcoming Events”