MCA EXPO 2006

Post your upcoming cichlid or fish event here.
Rinko

MCA EXPO 2006

Post by Rinko » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:44 pm

The Midwest Cichlid Association will be hosting a convention called EXPO 2006, during the weekend of May 5th-7th, 2006 in Des Moines, Iowa. It will be featuring one of the finest speaker line-ups in the hobby, including Ad Konings, Rusty Wessel, Morrell "Aquamojo" Devlin, Jack Taylor & Willie Goh, Larry Arnold, & Jeff Wilcott. There will also be an ACA Sanctioned Fish Show with over 20 Classes to compete in or view.

Here are links to the Speakers List & the Fish Show:
http://www.midwestcichlid.com/speakers.html
http://www.midwestcichlid.com/fishshow.html

There will be many, many Door Prizes & two large Aquariums to raffle off. Saturday night there will be an Award Banquet/Pizza Party with a Dry Goods Auction hosted by Ray "Kingfish" Lucas. On Sunday, May 7th, we will holding a large Cichlid & Scavenger Auction with many wild-caught specimens for sale.

For more MCA EXPO details & Registration, please follow this link: http://www.midwestcichlid.com/expo06.html

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:07 am

Hmmm.... that's not that far from Kansas City.... I could tell my mother I was coming to visit and then just spontaneously convince her to attend a fishie function! Heck I could even get my sisters birthday in on the deal! I wonder if anyone would think it was suspicious that it just "happened" to be the same time as the meeting? Anyone think I could pull it off? :lol:

Barbie

Ken Boorman
Administrator

Post by Ken Boorman » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:08 am

Go for it Barbie! :D :D

Ken
A.N.G.F.A. North American Co-ordinator

MatsP

Post by MatsP » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:22 am

Barbie,

I think you've got a plan - and I think if you really think you can hide the fact that fishy things are more important than relatives, your relatives must appear really dumb to you. ;-)

--
Mats

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:58 am

Nah, I don't think my relatives are stupid. I do think my mother and sister both also keep fish though, which does tend to make my evil scheming a little easier to get away with ;).

Barbie

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:19 am

Speaking of shows our 12th annual Extravaganza will be held November 17th-19th at the Strongsville Holiday Inn Select just south of Cleveland.

Where else can you see Juan Miguel Artigas Azas (MX), Don Danko(US), Ad Konings(US), Ian Fuller(UK) and more for around $15 with a free pizza party included!

Hotels rooms are cheap at $64 per night! There will be multiple tank raffles, a huge dry goods auction and numerous manufactures including Tetra, Marineland, Omega Sea and more!

Come Join the Ohio Cichlid Association for the 2006 Extravaganza!

Go here for more information and directions.
http://www.ohiocichlid.com/extrava.html

Dan

tjudy
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by tjudy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:34 am

I am going to the MCA in Des Moines... sounds like it will be a good show.

Rinko

Post by Rinko » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:16 pm

The OCA Extravanganza is a great show! :) I highly recommend it! Hopefully the MCA EXPO can someday be as successful as the Extravangaza.

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:06 pm

Jsut build a high value hassle free event with top notch speakers and they will come. :lol: Dan

Return to “Upcoming Events”