Please help!!!

This section deals with all aspects of the 'newbie' cichlid aquarist. For questions about tanks, water parameters, food, types of cichlids, and what other fish can be kept with them.

Moderator: Ken Boorman

Chris64

Please help!!!

Post by Chris64 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:54 pm

I am new to the hobby and I bought a 3 breeding pair of rusty cichlids which is 2f 1m and one female was holding when I bought them so i put the holding female by her self in a hospital tank by herself it's been 2 weeks since I've had her and i noticed yesterday 1 fry in the tank and she sucked it back up well i get home today and i seen just 1 roaming the tank is it possible that she's only having 1 baby??? From the research I've done it sounds like they usually have more babys so I'm a little confused any information would greatly be appreciated thanks!!

Lisachromis
Administrator

Re: Please help!!!

Post by Lisachromis » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:31 am

She will take them back in her mouth for several days. It's highly likely there's more fry. Is she in a tank by herself?

Chris64

Re: Please help!!!

Post by Chris64 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:46 am

Yes update!!! She had her babies 16 of them and there doing great I just put mother in her own hospital tank to feed her for a few days! It was weird she would only let 1 out at a time at first

Return to “For Beginners”