What Type of Cichlids is This? Newbie w/Background

This section deals with all aspects of the 'newbie' cichlid aquarist. For questions about tanks, water parameters, food, types of cichlids, and what other fish can be kept with them.

Moderator: Ken Boorman

Cali_Cichness

What Type of Cichlids is This? Newbie w/Background

Post by Cali_Cichness » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:21 pm

Greetings, I been in the cichlid hobby for about 8 years now. Had a great first setup with fry and all the first time around... A move to new city killed them. Took a 2 year break and recently dusted the 40 Gal long off and got it running. After cycling the tank I put in 4 Mbunas. They were great for almost 2 months so I decided to buy another 4 "assorted" cichlids and put them in with one big mistake... Didn't quarantine. I actually noticed one of the new guys had white feces at the pet store but thought nothing of it until my fish started acting funny. A couple dead fish and a few Google hours later I realized it was bloat. Tried everything from epsom salt to clout with 2 barely living survivers in a hospital tank still. I almost gave up on the entire cichlid thing but decided I'd give it one more try. I treated the main tank with only a Pleco in it for the past week with Metro (to kill any traces left of the bloat left behind) yesterday and today did a WC, vacuumed the gravel really good and rearranged the whole thing.
Anyhow, I Went to a LFS this time instead of petsmart and got me four healthy African assorted cichlids to start my main tank over again, an electric yellow, a red zebra, a albino zebra and one that I can not find anywhere online or have ever seen. So I was hoping someone here would have an idea. I'll attach a pic.
Btw my water parameters are good. Fully cycled 0amonia 0nitrite 10-20nitrate 8-8.2ph.
Attachments
What kind of Cich is this?
What kind of Cich is this?

Fish_guycichlids

Re: What Type of Cichlids is This? Newbie w/Background

Post by Fish_guycichlids » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Mbuna?

scapersspace

Re: What Type of Cichlids is This? Newbie w/Background

Post by scapersspace » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:28 pm

Ob peacock

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk