New 125 gallon geophagus tank

This section deals with all aspects of the 'newbie' cichlid aquarist. For questions about tanks, water parameters, food, types of cichlids, and what other fish can be kept with them.

Moderator: Ken Boorman

Rainbows or swordtails

Rainbows
100%
Swordtails
No votes

Total votes: 1

Jtevans07

New 125 gallon geophagus tank

Post by Jtevans07 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:43 pm

39250.jpeg
Hey all, new to this forum. Getting ready to go a different route in the hobby and start a 125 gallon tank. It will have about 6 red head tapajos geophagus, 2-3 angels, and possibly bosemani rainbows,( I know their not South American), or Swordtails? Most the other stuff from my tank will be rehomed to a 55. I will be getting rid of most of the plants and only keeping some simple Anubias, Java Fern that will be anchored to spiderwood I am currently waterlogging. The substrate will be a pool filter sand. Filtration is currently an Fx6 and possibly am ordering a second. Lighting are 2 finnex planted plus 24/7, not that that matters. Anyway going for mostly spiderwood, some mopani, boulders and some plants, but plants won't be focus. I'll get more pictures up later once the overhaul has begun. Is this all sounding like a good environment for Geo's? Stock opinions? Second Fx6? Aquascape ideas. Thanks for any input and look forward to updating on this build.

Return to “For Beginners”