Enantiopus?

A place to discuss the wonderful assemblage of lake Tanganyika cichlids from the tribe Ectodini, like Callochromis, Xenotilapia, Enantiopus, Cyathopharynx and Ophthalmotilapia!

Moderator: Thomas Andersen

EC

Re: Enantiopus?

Post by EC » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:07 am

DerBueraner wrote:I dipped near Baraka and the peninsula Ubvira. However, we had to perform the requirements of the exporter and the first thing to catch commercial cichlids. I was not much time for inquiries and I am not so deeply immersed there. Therefore, I can not make any reliable data. If you have the time and opportunity to dive so deep, I would immediately take the opportunity, because I can not imagine that the fish in only one place in the Lake (Zambia) occur. The difference between Ubwari and Kasaba Bay are but a few hundred miles, and I do not think they exist there, but maybe you can find there a different color form of cichlids.
Bruno
Thank you Bruno! This time I want to go very deep (never do before in this lake).

Ciao Enrico

DerBueraner

Post by DerBueraner » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:41 am

Hello Enrico,

Please be very careful and try not to dive alone. I'm almost always alone dipped because there are very few local divers who can dive deep. I had a diving accident in Malawise (Tanzania) in about 60 m depth (alone), and I almost lost my life. Three days after I was back in Germany, I was notified by phone that the two local divers, two friends, with whom I have dipped for three weeks and fish were caught, not after a dive at great depths recovered. They wanted to earn some money by trying to solve a large network of professional fishermen and again that was caught on a rock. I was with the two boys plunged in 1986 in Malawi (Stuart Grant) and they were very experienced.

Bruno
If you all knowing where I walk in everywhere, I come purely where I not so fast coming out!

EC

Post by EC » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:10 am

DerBueraner wrote:Hello Enrico,

Please be very careful and try not to dive alone.
Thank you Bruno. I usually go to the lakes alone because italians are not travellers people and are not interesting in cichlid's etology. It's difficult to find someone to dive. But I'm not a suicide, I'm quite expert and I have a great lonely experience in deep mines and caves too looking for minerals. I'm afraid only in the rivers with crocs and hippos but I'm an old big waterpolo player and I can fight with them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ciao Enrico

tanganyikafreak

Post by tanganyikafreak » Sun May 12, 2013 9:13 am

Thomas Andersen wrote:The photos of the fish previously called Xenotilapia sp. forked tail - today I regard them as Xenotilapia bathyphila:
705084_375067909250004_611665310_o.jpg
705964_375066855916776_329772159_o.jpg
Really bathiphylus? I would go for something in the direction of nanus or fluorescent green.
But, whatever it is, it's seems to be a beauty :D
No matter how life brings me down, looking at my beautiful daughter makes everything aaaaaaaaaaaaaalright! :D

Vincentcnbres

Post by Vincentcnbres » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:55 pm

Really bathiphylus?

Marklar

Post by Marklar » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:11 pm

My first thought was Grammatotria lemairii.

DRE

Post by DRE » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Marklar wrote:My first thought was Grammatotria lemairii.

Are these photos of Grammatotria lemairii? Nice!
Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different

Marklar

Post by Marklar » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:11 am

Yes, sorry. My photos are of Grammatotria lamairii which I thought look quite similar in shape and what we can see of the pattern in the original photo of the specimen posted by Bruno.

Return to “Lake Tanganyika Sand-dwellers and Featherfins”