My tanks

A place to discuss the wonderful assemblage of lake Tanganyika cichlids from the tribe Ectodini, like Callochromis, Xenotilapia, Enantiopus, Cyathopharynx and Ophthalmotilapia!

Moderator: Thomas Andersen

tanganyikafreak

My tanks

Post by tanganyikafreak » Fri May 18, 2012 6:18 am

I currently own 3 Tanganyika tanks and largest one (2 meters wide, 70 cm deep and 50 cm high) is the one I'd like to ask a question about.
The current inhabits are:

1 solo N. tretocephalus male
1 solo A. calvus black (2 semi-adults will arrive tomorrow so hopefully my male male will start a couple with one of them; the 3rd fish will leave eventually)
9 Xenotilapia spilopterus Kipili
8 Aulonocranus dewindti Burundi
a breeding couple N. helianthus

I have the opportunity of getting 4 X. flavipinnis Ndole (1 couple and 2 louse fish of wich the sex is unknown).

The tank is decorated with several large rocks that are randomly placed to make a large variation in the view of the tank and so the fish can make their terrortries.

My question is, are the flavi's an option for my tank in combination with my spilo's?
No matter how life brings me down, looking at my beautiful daughter makes everything aaaaaaaaaaaaaalright! :D

tanganyikafreak

Re: My tanks

Post by tanganyikafreak » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Since 2 weeks the 4 X. flavipinnis are swimming in the tank and things are going great.
Even the combination with the X. spilopterus is great :D

X. flavipinnis is more agressive within the species itself, but as soon as 1 fish is being bothered too much it simply 'hides' in the spilopterus group and problem solved.

It also turned out to be 2 males and 2 females (of which one of them was carrying around 15 youngsters) :D
No matter how life brings me down, looking at my beautiful daughter makes everything aaaaaaaaaaaaaalright! :D

Dhonti

Post by Dhonti » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:15 am

tanganyikafreak wrote:It also turned out to be 2 males and 2 females (of which one of them was carrying around 15 youngsters) :D
Great news. :) How are the Treto's doing ?
Cheers G.

Tanganyika: "It's a kind of magic".

tanganyikafreak

Post by tanganyikafreak » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Your female is 'recovering' extremely well and make her own territory as we speak.
As soon as I'm sure she's settled, I'll give her hubby a second chance :D

Return to “Lake Tanganyika Sand-dwellers and Featherfins”