Xenotilapia flavipinnis photos

A place to discuss the wonderful assemblage of lake Tanganyika cichlids from the tribe Ectodini, like Callochromis, Xenotilapia, Enantiopus, Cyathopharynx and Ophthalmotilapia!

Moderator: Thomas Andersen

alfalex

Re: Xenotilapia flavipinnis photos

Post by alfalex » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:49 pm

Stress and it take some time to find the good way to do it, I my experience, biparental mouthbrooder take more time to get their first fry to term. The only fish I keep succesfully with my Xeno are paracyprichromis nigripinnis!

mrfish

Post by mrfish » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi all

I have just picked up 7 Xenotilapia flavipinnis Nyanza Lac. Between 4 and 6 cm total Length.

I have them by themselves in a 80cmL 50cmW 30cmH tank on a sumped system. I bought them a bit over a week ago and two paired up straight away and have breed last night. The pair own one end of the tank and the other 5 swim at the other end. I have read as much as I can find on the flavs but have been unable to find much on how to raise the fish from mouth brooding to free swiming. Ie should I let the parents take full term in the tank or should I put the male once he takes them in to a breeding net. Will the other Flavs in the tank eat the fry or will they let them swim when fry are released.

Any info much appreciated.

Here are some pics I took. They are not too great but here they are anyway. (Two are with flash and one without)

Cheers

Mark

SergioB

Post by SergioB » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:48 am

Fantastic Xenotilapia flavipinnis photos.
Thank you very much for sharing :D

Return to “Lake Tanganyika Sand-dwellers and Featherfins”