Pond Closure : The Final Steps

Discussion on just about any fish related topic!
Jim Cumming

Pond Closure : The Final Steps

Post by Jim Cumming » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Well, for a change I picked a nice day to get the pond cleaned up and ready for next year, unlike some times in the past when the snow was swirling and my hands (and other parts) were turning 'blue' from the cold. Hosing down and wet/dry vacuuming the 'crud' out, and getting all the paraphenalia cleaned up and put away was the task at hand. My filter sponges are presently in the washing machine with a bit of bleach added (my wife isn't home yet :wink: ). All the cinder blocks are neatly stacked away and I'm ready to move the stock trough inside along with the driftwood, a couple of pieces of which I'm going to soak over the winter, so they'll be ready for Spring. Actually, I want some floating driftwood too, because it gives a natural look to the pond, which I love. The birds and squirrels use it to get access to the pond and drink, and it gives the fish a sense of security from above. Here are a few pictures I took a while ago to show how things look.
IMG_1055.JPG
IMG_1056.JPG
IMG_1058.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG
IMG_1060.JPG
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".
- Albert Einstein

Return to “General Fish Topics”