Ideas for a new tank

Discussion on just about any fish related topic!
Msloureed

Ideas for a new tank

Post by Msloureed » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:53 pm

I went through some major life changes and lost my tanks in a nasty breakup. On to happier times ;) Now I long for an aquarium to occupy my time ;). So I'm starting from scratch. I haven't bought a thing yet because I want to gather a game plan and buy the appropriate items for my fishies and build from there. So I'm open to ideas, any tanks you wish to build or tank ideas bubbling around you care to share? I am scouring the Internet for ideas, and there are far too many options for my indecisive nature lol. Thanks for the input ;)

;)~Lou

;)~Lou

Lisachromis
Administrator

Re: Ideas for a new tank

Post by Lisachromis » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:02 am

Too many options is right! If you thought asking would help in this, you're sadly mistaken. Everyone has a different opinion on what they would suggest for you. :lol:

That said, the basics can be something like this:

How much room do you have for tank(s)?
How much time/$$ are you willing to invest?
Do you want fish for looks? behaviour? colour?

If we knew a bit about the general area of interest you have in fish, we can offer you better ideas. Good luck! :D

Msloureed

Re: Ideas for a new tank

Post by Msloureed » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Lisachromis wrote:Too many options is right! If you thought asking would help in this, you're sadly mistaken. Everyone has a different opinion on what they would suggest for you. :lol:

That said, the basics can be something like this:

How much room do you have for tank(s)?
How much time/$$ are you willing to invest?
Do you want fish for looks? behaviour? colour?

If we knew a bit about the general area of interest you have in fish, we can offer you better ideas. Good luck! :D
I have room for about a 100/125 gallon tank. Time and money aren't really a major factor, I've got plenty of time and I can always save up for items if they are too pricey ;) after hours of scouring the Internet I have come up with a tentative list for stock. I was thinking a pair of ghost knifes, a pair of smaller bichirs, a pair of blood parrots, 6 butterfly fish, 4 Kribs and maybe some Congo tetra to round it out. What are your thoughts?

;)~Lou

Return to “General Fish Topics”