spare tank

Discussion on general cichlid care and issues. ID cichlids you don't know the origin of. Mixed tank questions.

Moderators: Troy, Ken Boorman

Stink

spare tank

Post by Stink » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:54 am

Hi Guys,

As i am getting a new larger tank i was going to sell my old 4ft, but now am thinking it might be good to have for any fry i get or perhaps breeding feeders? Do you guys see any value in this or do you just setup another complete community in spare tanks? If you guys have any suggestions on what i could do with the spare tank setup that would be great.

Regards Stink

Troy

Post by Troy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:20 pm

Stink : Your extra tank is great for a fry tank or you can keep it as a quarantine/ hospital tank. 8)
If it was so,it might be;and if it were so,it would be;but as it isn't,it ain't.That's logic.Tweedledee.Image

Marco Arroyo

Tank

Post by Marco Arroyo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:03 am

I will go with the idea to set up a new system with, maybe shelldwellers, remember you will never have enough aquariums in your home, heheh :lol:

MDOU

Post by MDOU » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:35 pm

you could sell your old tank to me :lol:

MatsP

Post by MatsP » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:10 am

Spare tanks are always great to have. You never know when you run into a need for one. This can either be because your current fish manages to breed and you need somewhere to keep the fry, or because you find some other specie of fish that you decide to keep, and they aren't suitable to keep with your current ones...

I'd definitely keep the current tank... [I personally have got three empty tanks waiting to find a space to place them. But I'm also moving house at the moment, and the hope is to be able to build a fish-room in the new place].

--
Mats

Return to “General Cichlids”