what is this chiclid? Urgent help required please.

Discussion on general cichlid care and issues. ID cichlids you don't know the origin of. Mixed tank questions.

Moderators: Troy, Ken Boorman

ScoobyWagonGL

what is this chiclid? Urgent help required please.

Post by ScoobyWagonGL » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:21 pm

Hiya all as a newbie to this site i am looking for some information on a fish which i have been wrongly informed about before buying.
he was labelled up as a lamp brichardi and i was told he would be fine in a community tank. however he has turned nasty and at the moment i am cycling up a second tank so that he wont kill any more of my fish.
these are pictures of him, apologies for non clear pictures he is so quick its quite hard.

ScoobyWagonGL

Post by ScoobyWagonGL » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:24 pm

forgot to add once this fish has been identifyed can anyone tell me what fish can keep this little one company in a tank?

Dave Schumacher
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dave Schumacher » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:33 pm

Definitely not a brichardi! It looks like a male Astatotilapia latifasciata. It is a cichlid from Lake Kyoga (just north of Victoria). They can do well with other rock dwelling victorians or even some smaller Malawi Haps or mbuna.
Dave Schumacher
http://www.davesfish.com

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:33 pm

What size is the tank you put him in?

Troy

Post by Troy » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:43 pm

If it was so,it might be;and if it were so,it would be;but as it isn't,it ain't.That's logic.Tweedledee.Image

Return to “General Cichlids”