flowerhorn male or female?

Discussion on general cichlid care and issues. ID cichlids you don't know the origin of. Mixed tank questions.

Moderators: Troy, Ken Boorman

Ken Davis
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Ken Davis » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:02 pm

Well said Mark, I'm sure there is a flowerhorn.com or something like it out there. Ken
An empty tank is a terrible thing to waste!

Bas Pels

Post by Bas Pels » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:02 pm

I once posted a remark not unlike marks. i did get quite some comments, and thus I remained out of this topic.

In the mean time, I think a question - how to keep a flowerhorn is a valid question, which does, as Lisa wrote, deserve an answer - although I will not provide it.

Mark Smith
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Mark Smith » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:42 pm

Juan, perhaps now would be a good time to state what cichlidae.com's purpose and aim in regards to permitting or forbidding hybrids on this site. I for one would like to see any and all hybrids completely banned from this site.

Willem Heijns
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Willem Heijns » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:18 pm

ignoring it won't make it go away :roll: 8)
Slàinte mhath!

Uilleam

Aquamojo

Post by Aquamojo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:27 pm

Willem Heijns wrote:ignoring it won't make it go away :roll: 8)
I agree. But dealing with the discussion just makes me want to scrub up when I'm done.

:D

Mo
aka...posterchild for the He-Man Hybrid Haters Club.
"Some days you have the hobby. Other days the Hobby has YOU!"

American Cichlid Association 2010 Chairman
American Cichlid Association Publicity Chairman

Juan Artigas
Administrator

Post by Juan Artigas » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:25 pm

Juan, perhaps now would be a good time to state what cichlidae.com's purpose and aim in regards to permitting or forbidding hybrids on this site. I for one would like to see any and all hybrids completely banned from this site.
Mark,

There should be no doubt that the Cichlid Room Companion aim is to distribute valuable information about cichlids and their habitats, with the aim of promoting their conservation, enjoying and understading. Cichlid hybrids (when not natural hybrids) are not included in this goal.

That is of course the editorial policy. All information in the catalogue which eventually is to become the core section of the site talks about natural cichlid species and their races, illustrating also breeds.

We do however respect comments about Flowerhorn or any other hybrid in this forum made by interested people, after all, we cant ignore the existance of such animals and the posters are (probably) cichlids enthusiasts as well.

The Central American section of this forum is however NOT the place for disscusing Flowerhorns, as they are not Central American cichlids in the sense of this site objectives. So Flowerhorn discussions are welcomed in the general cichlids section in this page. We prefer a policy of tolerance when not compromising the objectives of the page or the dignity of the participants in the disscusions.

So, enjoy your flowerhorns... fried
Juan Miguel Artigas
Editor

The Cichlid Room Companion
http://www.cichlidae.info

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:44 pm

In light of that, I'm moving this thread to the general section.

gage

Post by gage » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:40 pm

at least they dont look as deformed as the goldfish :lol: and is not near as cruel as some goldfish(bubble eyes, moors etc) i didnt mean to start an arguement :lol: and about flowerhorn.com, those people are just plain stupid, they keep there flowerhorns in tiny tanks becuz they only have them for show, not for the pride of fish keeping

Return to “General Cichlids”