Acei questions

Discussion on general cichlid care and issues. ID cichlids you don't know the origin of. Mixed tank questions.

Moderators: Troy, Ken Boorman

sic_4_vics

Acei questions

Post by sic_4_vics » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:00 am

hey all,

I was just wanting to know what all variants of acei there are. Ive read about the Ngara, Msuli, Luwala reef...and I think Tanzanian. Is the only difference just the collection points? Or is each unique in some way?

My main question is.... is that when i do a search for the luwalas... i see 2 different colorations. I know lighting is probably some of it but is there anywhere i can see all the species described along with photos? I have some Acei and they were sold to me as (Msuli) but as i search, the Luwala photos kinda look like my Msulis. Just a little confused here is all.

here is my male, IS it Msuli?:

Dave Schumacher
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dave Schumacher » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:46 pm

The Msuli and Luwala look the same to me (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but the Ngara acei has a much darker body with a white tail rather than a yellow tail.
Dave Schumacher
http://www.davesfish.com

sic_4_vics

Post by sic_4_vics » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:35 pm

Thank you for the reply dave.

I was assuming the same as @80% showed them to look the same. But as you know in this hobby the same fish can have different names and can also be misidentified so easily. Was just wanting to make sure i had the ID on mine correct or not. I bought them as Msuli so thats what i will call them. Thanks.

:D

Return to “General Cichlids”