Disturbing treatment of fish on the Internet

Discussion on general cichlid care and issues. ID cichlids you don't know the origin of. Mixed tank questions.

Moderators: Troy, Ken Boorman

CA cichlid dude

Disturbing treatment of fish on the Internet

Post by CA cichlid dude » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:52 am

Sometimes it makes me sad to see fish treated so poorly on the Internet. It's either pictures or videos of beaten by tank mates, over crowding, tanks way too small or tanks that look like a water change has never been done. I really hate to see fish or any living thing suffer like this. If they were cats or dogs, more people would be outraged. But fish seem to be viewed as disposable animals with lives that aren't worth saving. That being said, does anyone else feel the same way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zenins

Re: Disturbing treatment of fish on the Internet

Post by zenins » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Poor treatment of fish has no room in this hobby :(

Visitors to my home often comment on how clean my aquariums are compared to some others they have seen.

I feel that since we have captured the fish and are keeping them for our pleasure,
they should be treated with respect and given the best food and healthy conditions that we can provide :)

CA cichlid dude

Re: Disturbing treatment of fish on the Internet

Post by CA cichlid dude » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:23 pm

zenins wrote:Poor treatment of fish has no room in this hobby :(

Visitors to my home often comment on how clean my aquariums are compared to some others they have seen.

I feel that since we have captured the fish and are keeping them for our pleasure,
they should be treated with respect and given the best food and healthy conditions that we can provide :)
I agree Image
I get that too. No one can believe how clear the water is. Also some think I'm crazy spending 2-4 hours a week in maintenance.
I was browsing the Internet, mostly YouTube videos, and it broke my heart. So many immature people just want to see fish fight. It's sad to see animals suffer like that.
I tend to keep fish for the long term too.

Return to “General Cichlids”