Green Terror Pair having babies

Discussion on general cichlid care and issues. ID cichlids you don't know the origin of. Mixed tank questions.

Moderators: Troy, Ken Boorman

barlis

Post by barlis » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:02 pm

I didn't think such a young breeding pair could breed and fertilize the eggs so young and immature at only 2 inches long.. but here is their picture and the eggs are doing great.. only two more days to go to wiggle time.. so i am keeping my fingers crossed..
Elizabeth

barlis

Post by barlis » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:57 pm

Hi Always thought these terrors had to be older and bigger to breed and have eggs.. here is a picture of the pair just 2 inches big and their eggs are on the leaf on the right.Image

Elizabeth

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:06 am

Do you have any larger images of this?

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:16 pm

Contrary to popular belief it is possible to breed Central and South Americans. I’ve had ½” Archocentrus and Cryptoheros breed as well as some Herichthys at 2” and numerous Africans (I know different forum). Dan

Bas Pels

Post by Bas Pels » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:53 pm

Dan Woodland wrote:Contrary to popular belief it is possible to breed Central and South Americans.
You must be joking, Dan, - about the belief. I have now panamensae, nigrofasciatus, colobrensae septemfasciatus meeki and uropthalmus with fry, and robertsoni with eggs

no problem, breeding them

Bas

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:38 pm

Woops! Apparently I edited my test a bit too much.

I meant to say, "Contrary to popular belief it is possible to breed Central and South Americans at a small size" etc...

Sorry for the confusion.

Dan

Return to “General Cichlids”