Petrochromis polyodon ... ???

For discussion of all Tropheus & Petrochromis
Aleph0

Petrochromis polyodon ... ???

Post by Aleph0 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:42 pm

I all,

I couldn't find je presentation topic, so I did it here :

My name is Vincent and I'm living in Switzerland near the Neuchâtel's town. I have four year's story with my different species of Tropheus and Petrochromis.

Yesterday, I lost my Petrochromis polydon male... I have the female alone yet... then!

I post here a pic from my loving mother because nobody can say me what's the locality of this P. polyodon.

I realy need help from your community

best regards

Vincent
Attachments
Poly 002 (Medium).jpg
The female
Poly 001 (Medium).jpg
The recently death male (he was a little bit smaller than the female)

Adrian Indermaur
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Petrochromis polyodon ... ???

Post by Adrian Indermaur » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:56 am

Hy, Alphe0

are you completely sure you have a P. polyodon pair. At least on the second picture the head profile looks much more like a P. macrognathus type. Second: I think the fish on the first picture looks much more like a male and the one on the second like a female... or are they the same fish?

Regards

Adrian
Greetings from Basel

Aleph0

Post by Aleph0 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:52 pm

I Adrian,

The only thing I'm absolutely sure is that the first pic is a female, I had with her a problem with the oviducte, the eggs couldn't get out.

The second pic shows a male... probably, four people says the same thing after having seen the anal part of the fish...

But now... these fishes came in Switzerland through a Kibwana's arrival with a group of 18 P. longola... and from there, nobody can say me what are these fishes. For me, the anatomy of the mouth shows a polyodon profile... but I'm sure of nothing.

Thanks for your good questions Adrian

Best regards

Vincent
Attachments
ovi 002 (Medium).jpg
oviducte problem

Aleph0

Post by Aleph0 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:34 pm

I guy

Answer had been found, it's a P. polyodon Chinga female, the spread colour along the coast is important. The area occupied by these Petrochromis seems to be quite great so it's not astonishing that we can found many nuancies of colour.

Bye

Vincent

Return to “Tropheus & Petrochromis”