Fundacions aimed at cichlidresearch?

Discussion about cichlid conservation and captive bred programs

Moderator: Ken Boorman

Jacob

Fundacions aimed at cichlidresearch?

Post by Jacob » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:46 am

Hello all

My study in biology has reached the point were I am to make a project on of my owm choice.
My professor supports my idea of making a behavioral study on convicts, but some facilities are needed which leads us to the institutes having limited resources.

I was therefor pleased to learn about the "Guy Jordan Endowment Fund", but sad to see that I'm one month to late. :cry: (dead-line for this years applications are 15. of march!) :cry:

Do any of you have knowledge of fundacions aiming to support behavioral studies in general and/or cichlid beahvioral studies in particular?

Best regards

Jacob

Pam Chin
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Pam Chin » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:26 pm

Jacob,

The Pacific Coast Cichlid Association is going to award $500.00 in December 2006 and applications are being excepted now, here is the scoop.

The PCCA will award a $500 grant from the Mark Tomasello Fund to the student that submits the best proposal dealing with the study of cichlids and/or cichlid conservation. Proposals should be no longer than 2000 words. It should explain how the money should be used and how the work will be used to understand or benefit cichlids or the cichlid hobby. Deadline to submit proposals are Oct 15, 2006. If a suitable proposal is accepted then the funds will be awarded at the Dec 2006 general meeting of the PCCA. The PCCA Board of Directors will determine the winning proposal. Members of the BOD and their relatives are not eligible to receive the award.

If you have any questions you can contact the PCCA
http://www.cichlidworld.com
Cichlid Power!
Pam Chin

I've never met a cichlid I didn't like!
http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh506/PamChin100/

Return to “Cichlid Conservation”