Hailea air pump

Discussion about cichlid tank filtration

Moderator: Ken Boorman

tigerbarb

Hailea air pump

Post by tigerbarb » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi all
I have an 60ltr Hailea air pump which stoped working when i striped it out and tested it to find the fault ,i found one item item was not working, on it was printed this.
1125 tam
250v 2a~
7-c 045
S>E JET
Can any one help it is a small black flat square with two wires that comes out of it and connects to one of the coils,i think it is a thermal 2amp fuse? been to electral shop but they dont know what it is for sure :( .

Oscar52

Re: Hailea air pump

Post by Oscar52 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:25 pm

im not sure what it is but these can be found cheaply on ebay i would not risk the life support of your fish on a home repair job

tigerbarb

Post by tigerbarb » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:33 am

Hi Oscar
Im 72 and £60.00 is a lot of money for me and i am quite capable of fixing the pump if i can get the right parts pump, as the part would only cost £2/3 at the most,i think it is silly to throw some thing away that can be repaired for a little money, this is no disrespect to you as im only asking for a little help to over come my problem.thank you for replying.
Bert.

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:57 am

Have you tried asking the manufacturer?

http://www.hailea.com/e-hailea/airpump/index.htm

tigerbarb

Post by tigerbarb » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:10 am

Hi Lisachromis
I am in touch with the person i have had it off,off the net and they are getting in touch with there whare house where they got it from. Have tryed on the net for maufacture Hailea but i am not a computer wizzard it comes from Japan i think? you have to download the site as well as the languge,the one thing i have come up with is that it is a (wire ended thermal fuse) but i cannot find one at the moment, it could be a self resetting one? or just one that blowes at that temprature?. Fuses of this nature are about i cannot find any with this spectiveacation at the moment. PS i will beat this no matter how long it takes,as some one out there can help me.
Thanks Bert.

tigerbarb

Post by tigerbarb » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:15 am

Hi Lisachromis
Thank you for the site i mist it the first time i read your reply ive managed to get it up and sent them a email i hope? cannot thank you enough.
Bert

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:43 am

Well... hopefully they get back to you with some sort of answer.

tigerbarb

Post by tigerbarb » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi Lisachromis
I will let you know if anything happens as it might help some one else in the fucher?
Bert

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:26 pm

That would be great Bert.

tigerbarb

Post by tigerbarb » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Lisachromis
No reply from Hailea air pumps after sending 5-6 emails and still struggling to find the fues? i will have to try other fish sites to see if any one else can help also still reling on the person i got them off ,she is sending an order and making enquires for me??
Bert

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:01 pm

Sorry to hear they have not responded to you. Shows you what good customer service should be (and it's not that!). Guess they don't realize that bad experiences get passed along much faster and louder than good experiences most often.

Hopefully you'll get this resolved.

Return to “Filtration”