Tanganyikan Cichlid issue

Discussion about cichlid diseases, treatments and quarantine procedures. Keeping your fish healthy (foods).

Moderators: Troy, Ken Boorman

Augustus67

Tanganyikan Cichlid issue

Post by Augustus67 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:34 pm

Question for you African Cichlid guys.Just finished a full cycle on a new 75g tank.Bought 4 small Petricolas ,4 J.Marlieri ,1 med leleupi and one med brichardi(last ones at lfs).Added to tank by the old hanging bag and gradual water addition method,then netted them out. All was great,they ate right away and behavior was normal,after one day all they did was hide,not really eating either,then leleupi started dashing all over tank,then not swimming properly,then died.Next day one Petricola did the same thing.Water was perfect so I thought maybe it was the granite rocks from the local riverbank that were poisoning them so i removed them and did a 50% wc.Unfortunately by this time my shipment arrived and I had no choice but to add the new fish.10 cyps,2 gobies 4 ocellatus and 4 hecqui.
Now 2 more cats did the same thing and died plus the cyps won't eat and I lost 2 today.
Water parameters are: Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0 Nitrate 5 ppm Temp 78 PH 8.2 GH 10 KH 12.
Carib Sea African Cichlid sand,Marineland c360 running eheim bio and purigen,emperor 400 plus a 550 powerhead.
Sorry for the long post but I'm at my wits end

Return to “Health, Diseases and Treatments”