why no thomasi?

Discussion about dwarf cichlids from anywhere
wilkinss77

why no thomasi?

Post by wilkinss77 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:16 pm

not seen any mention of anomalochromis thomasi in here- doesn't anyone keep them?

Mike Wise
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: why no thomasi?

Post by Mike Wise » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:33 am

Apparently the Dwarf Cichlid forum is for South American Dwarf Cichlids. Anomalochromis thomasi is from West Africa (Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leon), so it is discussed in the Other African Cichlids forum. A. thomasi is a wonderful dwarf cichlid.

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:16 pm

This section is for any dwarf cichlid, no matter where they are from. I used to have thomasi, but haven't seen them around in a long time. I am sure they are somehere.

Darrell Ullisch

Post by Darrell Ullisch » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:25 pm

The Guinea form of thomasi is fairly available in the hobby; the more colorful Sierra Leone form that was first seen in the hobby is currently not to be found. They are not discussed much here because there's not much to discuss. The Guinea form breeds like convicts: prolific, great parents, and rather aggressive (they even get dark bars when breeding). The old form was more difficult to induce spawning, they often ate or lost their spawns, and were rather peaceful fish. If the old form is re-acquired, there is likely to be some examination as to whether or not these may be two related species.
There are two kinds of error: blind credulity and piecemeal criticism. Sound skepticism is the necessary condition for good discernment; but piecemeal criticism is an error. - Egyptian proverb

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:26 am

Hmmm, mine were really peaceful, though that may be because they were in a 100g tank. :)

JHG

Post by JHG » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:53 am

No friend of mine in currently fish sitting my Thomasi until I complete my move. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fish_guycichlids

Post by Fish_guycichlids » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:42 am

I love them and used to keep Them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Dwarf Cichlids”